Boris Beizer

Default viking ship plans ripoff

Hi Boris,
do you have a email addy for this geezer?

Yes, but he doesn't answer any more. I suspect he only answers emails from
new pigeons. My mistake is that I didn't use paypal. I have avoided it
because that's yet another portal for identity theft.

have a search for
Taubmans plans which i think is www.taubmanplansonline.com but may be
wrong, very big supplier of plans in the States,

I know taubman. I called him and am waiting for his latest catalog. He
said that he didn't have any Viking ship plans.

only other idea is to
contact the museum where the ships are displayed, usually they produce
plans for vessels to raise revenue for supporting the museum itself, if
you have no luck let me know and I will ask around.

I've contacted the museum and am awaiting their reply. I'm perfectly
willing to pay them for the plans. I had visited the Viking museum in Oslo
a few years back and at that time, they did not have plans available for the
Gokstad ship. Which is why I didn't go to them first. Apparently this has
changed. I'm sure that they will be interested in knowing that this joker
(Terrence Jones) advertises himself as the agent for the Museum in the US --
That's the reason I didn't question the legitimacy.

I am a builder of commission models and have email lists with around
3000 other model makers to pass enquiries to, in fact I run two lists
myself so have plenty of friends who may be able to help,

That's great. I'm interested in very authentic plans with full
construction detail-- My intention is to build a small scale (e.g. 1:50)
reproduction that is identical in most details. There are no suitable kits
worth bashing-- there is one of the Oseberg ship, but that was really not
intended as a seagoing vessel -- just for a queen's funeral.

Boris