~EV~

Default viking ship plans ripoff/PayPal

I've always used Pay for transactions but now with their "money back" thing
if you pay a % of the total cost they will pay it back to you if the person
rips you off.

Since Ebay took over PayPal they've gotten strange, but since most of my
business transactions go through them and I've got a debit card from them,
I'll stick it out till I get a Merchant account this spring. It's the same %
as PayPal but I have to pay a monthly fee. Damned if you do damned if you
don't.

"Chris" wrote in message
m...

"Terence Lynock" wrote in message
When i subscribed to eBay it drove me mad to confirm my PayPal account,
three or four email a day marked WARNING! and i just let it expire, now
if i buy anything I wait for the seller to email me and I phone them,
much safer and keeps your bank and card details out of other peoples
hands where it can quite easily go astray especially with eBay, i can
phone a seller in America for 3p a minute with OneTel which is a damn
sight more secure than anything PayPal can offer,

Last time I did business on ebay, the guy was surprised I didn't have
Paypal.
I explained it was a personal issue, just one of trusting others with my
bank info. I always want to break into a rant about them now. It really
****ed me off. I could have been robbed and all because they shut their
mouths and did nothing.

As you say, it's safer to keep details out of the hands of the

"middlemen".
It's also more productive if something goes wrong, as restriction to
information limits who could possibly misuse it.