Default Spanish Tall Ship - Juan_Sebastian_Elcano_104.JPG (0/1) - 2 attachments

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Looks like a 4-masted schooner with a metal hull. If it is
Spanish Navy, it must be for the same purpose as the American
Coast Guard training true "tall ship", the Eagle, pics attached.

She has indeed a steel hull like The Eagle.
Here a nice little movie of the Juan Sebastian Elcano on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIn-O7piw4Q

As you know, Bouler, I'm not a fool and I don't lead with my chin
wrt facts or things I assert. So, I either can be reasonably sure
by just looking often, I can and do do some Googling if my comments
might turn out to be embarrassing if I'm really wrong. Thus, I was
Ivory Soap Pure sure that the Juan is steel-hulled, just as I
correctly nailed the same thing in a number of your reposts for me
when I first docked in this here deep water port.

As for YouTube, never touch the stuff! Most people know I have an
information security background that's pretty extensive and I also
have a MAJOR committment of time and energy to everything digital
and techie, so I already KNOW that YouTube is a really juicy place
for the bad guys to plant nasties in the videos, and do other
not-so-nice things such as grap IPs for future compromise attempts,
maybe snag an E-mail addy from them stupid enough to post in the
clear, etc. And, ALL of the dangers are an order of magnitude
higher - maybe 2 orders of magnitude or even more - if one is
running on ANY HTTP system vs. NNTP.

Well I liked the movie with information of the ship.

One of the first good quotes I learned when I was doing a deep dive
trying to learn my new job as Engineering Information Security Manager
in the late summer of 1996 was this one:

"the only two types of people that've never been compromised are the
arrogant and the ignorant. Which are you? Both? And, maybe foolish as
well? My sister-in-law is so damn dumb as to actually giver here
PERSONAL E-mail to a Yahoo Groups "news group" for poodles! And, she
gets MORE than 250 E-mails a day! Dumb, dumb, dumb! Why so many? Well,
everybody build dist lists and adds people as they see interest and
pretty soon you're on dozens and dozens of people dist lists, often
multiple times as people are too lazy to remove the dups. 250/day?
WTF?! That's 250 times that the bad guys could - in your word - snag
her entire address book and 250 times the bad guys - or gals - could do
mischief to her PC. She claims that she knows all of them and they're
her friends. Poppycock!

So, unless one practices safe sex on the Internet, "a fool and his
money AND time are soon parted."

Maybe you should spend more of your meager financial resources and time
LEARNING about ships instead of wasting it just watching movies about
ships.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"

In article ,
"HEMI-Powered" wrote:

[...]

This is really off the wall. Bouler courteously offered some nice
thoughts, and Hemi jumps all over him! What gives? What happened to
civility?

--
Bill Collins
For email, change "fake" to "earthlink"

Bill added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

So, unless one practices safe sex on the Internet, "a fool and his
money AND time are soon parted."

Maybe you should spend more of your meager financial resources and
time LEARNING about ships instead of wasting it just watching
movies about ships.

This is really off the wall. Bouler courteously offered some nice
thoughts, and Hemi jumps all over him! What gives? What happened to
civility?

As it turns out, I was fooled by Bouler's initial demeaner. Since then,
he has proven himself to be both a consumate fool and a naive moron who
believes even the most bizarre and perverted crap he learns on the
Internet or watching **** like YouTube. He knows basically no-thing
about anything and I now realize that he really doesn't know jack ****
about boats and ****s. So, he did NOT help me, he only showed his
ignorance and naivete once again with some lame crap about the ship in
this thread.

You'll have to first read ALL of Bouler's increasingly vehement and
vicious attacks on my personally, my knowledge which turns out to be
vastly superior to his, and he's insulted my country. I don't cotton to
those things, so I stomp him if he's stupid enough to stick his head
out. I have nothing against you, Bill, in fact I don't think I even
know you, but before you pass judgment on me, best get ALL the facts,
although that'll be difficult because the most egregious and most
outrageous of Bouler's mentally unbalanced attacks took place privately
via E-mail when I thought he was my friend. I guess he show his true
colors, huh?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

On Mon, 19 May 2008 07:38:41 -0500, "HEMI - Powered"
wrote:

[...]

Why did I remove you from my filtered list I don't know but back you
go again mr hack. Now you go cry to mommy and leave us alone.

On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:19:38 -0400, Bill wrote:

In article ,
"HEMI-Powered" wrote:

[...]

You are so right. I had him killed filed and took him out to examine
the slug. He is back where he belongs in the kill file.

I made severalcruises on EAGLE, the longest to Norway, England, Spain,
and Bermuda from New London.

HF

On Mon, 19 May 2008 02:11:52 GMT, "HEMI-Powered" wrote:

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

The Spanish tall ship, Juan Sebastiain Elcano, a four-masted, topsail
schooner is in Miami for an R&R (liberty) and ceremonial visit.

Note the provisions for square sails on the forward mast and
fore-n-aft sails on the other three.

They have rigged a canvas cover for the main and quarterdecks and have
had receptions on board each night. It is rumored that the King of
Spain (or maybe his son) was here one night.

Miami has a huge Spanish presence. Even the Cuban population has ties
to Spain. Many of the families in the 1960-62 flight from Castro's
rise to power had only been in Cuba since they left Spain to escape
the Civil War of the late 1930. They consider themselves more Spanish
than Cuban.

The pics are not as sharp as I'd like due to fires in the Everglades
which are sending smoke over the city. And, my daughter has
"borrowed" my best camera. I'll try again this afternoon with it.

Here he is at full sail HiFlyer

Looks like a 4-masted schooner with a metal hull. If it is Spanish Navy,
it must be for the same purpose as the American Coast Guard training true
"tall ship", the Eagle, pics attached.

joevan added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Why did I remove you from my filtered list I don't know but back you
go again mr hack. Now you go cry to mommy and leave us alone.

I see you have also shown your true colors, so if you don't mind, ****
You Very Much and go away quietly, if you, please, or perhaps I can
encourage you to go away.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

joevan added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

This is really off the wall. Bouler courteously offered some nice
thoughts, and Hemi jumps all over him! What gives? What happened to
civility?

You are so right. I had him killed filed and took him out to examine
the slug. He is back where he belongs in the kill file.

Bouler is a mental case who doesn't know how to deal with people nor does
he know jack **** about boats and ships. You appear to be the same, so
**** Off, Shut The **** Up, and Go The **** Away - permanently.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

HiFlyer added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

I made severalcruises on EAGLE, the longest to Norway, England,
Spain, and Bermuda from New London.

HF

Really?! Would that maybe indicate you're either Navy or Coast Guard?
Sadly, the two pics of that beautiful steel huller I posted is all I
could easily find, but coulda swore I had more so if you run across
any, please post them. Thanks.

Now, I've been to New London, home of the Electric Boat Division but I
didn't know that was a place the Eagle might port.

wrote:

[...]

Default USCGC EAGLE - 304.jpg (0/1)

The USCG Cutter (Barque) EAGLE, WIX-327 is based at the Coast Guard
Academy in New London, CT. She is used for Academy Cadet cruises
during the summer and for Officer Candidate School (OCS) cruises the
rest of the year.

HF