Default Prins Willim destroyed

Last night the replica of Prins Willim, a Dutch VOC ship was destroyed in a
fire.

Here's a link to a (Dutch) article:

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2051136/br...voc-schip.html

Bye,
René

Attached Thumbnails
Prins Willim destroyed-prins_willem1.jpg

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Replica_Prins_Willem.jpg (587.9 KB, 27 views)

Attached Thumbnails
Prins Willim destroyed-prins_willem2.jpg

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:40:45 +0200, "RtW" wrote:

Last night the replica of Prins Willim, a Dutch VOC ship was destroyed in a
fire.

Here's a link to a (Dutch) article:

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2051136/br...voc-schip.html

Bye,
René

What a shame. What, how, why. She was a beauty.
I did a translation and it was not the best but learned that this was
a replica, of a 1,660 or so vessel. Still the mind asks, what caused
such a horror?

"joevan" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:40:45 +0200, "RtW" wrote:

Last night the replica of Prins Willim, a Dutch VOC ship was destroyed in
fire.

Here's a link to a (Dutch) article:

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2051136/br...voc-schip.html

Bye,
René

What a shame. What, how, why. She was a beauty.
I did a translation and it was not the best but learned that this was
a replica, of a 1,660 or so vessel. Still the mind asks, what caused
such a horror?

It looks like a short-circuit in the kitchen...

Don't know if this works. This links should give a translated version:
http://nl.babelfish.yahoo.com/transl...Url=Vertal en

Original link (in Dutch):
http://www.vocsite.nl/schepen/detail.html?id=11191

Attached Thumbnails
Prins Willim destroyed-m1dzej3ap81o.jpg

"RtW" schreef in bericht
Last night the replica of Prins Willim, a Dutch VOC ship was destroyed in
a fire.

Here's a link to a (Dutch) article:

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2051136/br...voc-schip.html

That's very bad news René, I saw the ship on the last Sail Amsterdam.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Bouler" schreef in bericht
.. .

"RtW" schreef in bericht
Last night the replica of Prins Willim, a Dutch VOC ship was destroyed in
a fire.

Here's a link to a (Dutch) article:

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2051136/br...voc-schip.html

That's very bad news René, I saw the ship on the last Sail Amsterdam.

Indeed very bad.
I remember me and my dad visiting the shipyard in Makkum, when the Prins
Willim was built.
I think I have some colorslides from those days somewhere.

Bye,
René

RtW wrote:
Last night the replica of Prins Willim, a Dutch VOC ship was destroyed in a
fire.

Here's a link to a (Dutch) article:

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2051136/br...voc-schip.html

Bye,
René

How very sad, but it happens to the best of us!

Moving things in still pictures

....aided by FastStone's Free And Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing

www.FastStone.org

Some pictures of the remains of the Prins Willim. Although it's quite a
loss financially and for some sentimentally, the historical value minimal.
As it was only a stell built replica, and quite fake at that.. Still I hate
to see her go in this way.

Most funny thing was to see approximately 15 cannon floating around amids
the debris in the dock. The cannons were styrofoam with a plastic covering.
When the back had burned away, the front just dropped in the water....

Best regards,

Jeroen

Some footage of the fi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKIBaTHg5i4
(watch the small caravan when the masts come down....)

[IMG] code is On

Republicans Destroyed DK General 0 November 1st 08 01:32 AM
Republicans Destroyed Jim General 0 October 31st 08 10:26 AM
Yacht totally destroyed manta.bay Cruising 18 March 3rd 08 01:41 AM
Help! Has my Yanmar transmission been destroyed? Ken ASA 21 June 22nd 06 12:10 AM
Bobsprit - Destroyed alt.sailing.asa Simple Simon ASA 4 November 23rd 03 07:59 AM