Default O's 50 Billion Plan

Calif Bill wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
So now Obama has recommended emergency loans to GM, Ford and Chysler and
is also pushing for a $50B bailout package to tide them over for a
while. Here's a quoted passage from the article:

"If the plan were to offer no strong guarantees against layoffs it would
likely draw fire from unions. But Obama advisers have been persuaded
that the impact on current workers and retirees would be staggering if
the companies went into bankruptcy."

Here's what I don't understand.

To the best of my knowledge, only 12 percent of the total American
workforce is Union. Obviously the number of union auto workers is a
much smaller percentage.

So, Obama thinks that the taxpayers should cough up $50B to save the
jobs of a relatively small percentage of the workforce?

What about the millions of people working in non-union small businesses?
They are being affected by the economic slowdown as much as the auto
industry's union workers. Are they going to get a dedicated and
specific bailout as well to keep the companies they work for in
business?

Those unfortunate enough to get laid off due to work slow downs
typically apply for unemployment benefits and try to find a new job.
Why do the employees of GM, Ford and Chrysler deserve more
consideration?

Is this part of the "share the wealth" plan?

Eisboch

Whoooooooosh.

Unions, a just a powerful special interest group. Better funded than and
listened to more often than most of the K street lobbying firms.

Heard on the radio today $100,000,000 was contributed to Democrat
politicians this election cycle. $10,000,000 to Republicans. Payback time.

I sure hope so.

"Boater" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote:

Heard on the radio today $100,000,000 was contributed to Democrat
politicians this election cycle. $10,000,000 to Republicans. Payback
time.

I sure hope so.

I think this election cycle is going to prove to be even more interesting as
the next 2 or 3 years unfold.

I am going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction. Please note this
is not based on personal political beliefs or bias. It is based simply on
history and my amateur observation of human nature.

I predict:

2010 off year elections will result in the GOP recapturing many of the seats
lost in Congress,
possibily regaining a majority.

2012 elections will boot Obama out and elect a Republican.

Harry will convert to a Republ..... no forget that one.

Let's see if I am correct.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Obama is going to be very busy the next few years cleaning out the
messes left behind by Bush and the Republicans. Hopefully he will
constantly refer to those messes in those terms...Republican-created
messes. I think the public will get it.

I'm hoping for lots of indictments of former Republican officials. Lots
of indictments. Maybe Bush will issue a few thousand blanket pardons, eh?

"Boater" wrote in message

I'm hoping for lots of indictments of former Republican officials. Lots of
indictments. Maybe Bush will issue a few thousand blanket pardons, eh?

Can't think of a reason why he should be any different than Clinton.
If you recall, ol' Bill burned the midnight oil issuing pardons the night
before he moved out.

Oh .... but then they had to drop by later and return the silverware.

Eisboch

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:17:00 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Nov 13, 12:09 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Yes, it Whoooooooosh right over you.- Hide quoted text -

No it didn't, he just won't address facts or debate in an
intellectually honest manner.. You know that..

So do those who attempt a rational debate with him. But, they persist in
doing so. Maybe it's just for the laughs at his stupidity. I hope so.
--

Johnny... when will you get it through your thick head that not all posters
are members of your Drone Army.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"BAR" wrote in message

Even now at my advanced age and seniority in the company, my boss has to
tell me to slow down take some time off, stop working so hard. Pass some
work off to the younger guys, let them work through the problems and come
to you if they need help. I can't help myself. I am a producer.

Heh. Maybe, but you haven't understood the message.
You're being phased out.

Your boss is right. Too many people, some young, but mostly the older
group tend to "protect" their value by keeping knowledge to themselves.
What they don't realize is that they can be much more valuable by teaching
and sharing that knowledge to a group of people, thereby multipying their
value's worth and benefit many, many times.

Eisboch

Like we always used to say at work......what would happen if so & so was hit
by a bus?
You should have someone below you ready to step up if needed.

"Boater" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

When are you going to start thinking for yourself Donnie?

Don White wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"BAR" wrote in message
[...]

Everything I do is documented and placed in a "public location."

But, sometimes issues come up that need some creative thinking or are
more easily solved based upon experience. A guy 25 years old doesn't
have 25 years of experience in my field.
Jim Jim is offline

"Boater" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

It takes all kinds. Some folks get hitched in behind a rabid lead dog.
Follow his lead and sniff his gas. Know anyone like that, Donnie?
Jim Jim is offline

Don White wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"BAR" wrote in message
[...]

You always used to say that? What a hoot it must have been to work with you.

$3.2 billion a day [email protected] General 4 March 19th 05 02:54 AM
(OT) 326 Billion Jim General 3 July 14th 04 12:26 PM
What $100 Billion Buys... Jim-- General 54 March 4th 04 04:06 PM