Jim--

Default What $100 Billion Buys...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.11a10c49ca3423911f02699cbc6b988a@107 8165397.nulluser.com...

Thanks to the Bush Administration fiddling while our jobs have burned,
we're down 2.5 million jobs since the idiot assumed office.

snip

Bull!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...5/171833.shtml
The media and Democrats keep repeating it over and over: "2.3 million jobs
lost" since President Bush took office. His could be the worst job record
since before World War II, they claim.

One little problem: It's not true.

Not only has there been no net loss of jobs during the Bush administration,
there has been a net gain, even with the devastation of 9/11. At least 2.4
million jobs have been created since the president took office, 2 million of
those in 2003. The gains more than offset the losses.

The problem is the areas of biggest job growth are usually not even being
counted at all.

Though 75 percent of jobs are created by small companies, according to the
Small Business Administration, this sector's entrepreneurial activity and
the jobs it creates are left out by Washington bean counters when
calculating official new job numbers.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) does its Payroll Survey by phoning
businesses to crunch the number of jobs that have been gained or lost. This
is where Democrats grabbed onto their lifeline, the 2.3 million figure. Look
only at the Payroll Survey, and there has been a gain of only 522,000 jobs
since Bush took office.

But here's the rub. The Household Survey is used to determine the
unemployment rate and accounts for those who are self-employed, and small
emerging businesses that might be overlooked by the Payroll Survey. But the
number of U.S. firms isn't static, and the "fixed list" used by the BLS for
phoning established businesses does not reflect new entrepreneurial
activity.

As Economy.com writer Haseeb Ahmed recently wrote, "something is amiss in
the [Payroll] survey."

That's not all. When doomsayers, and media spoiling for a fight in an
election year, laughed at Bush's prediction of 2.6 million new jobs this
year, not everyone was scoffing.

Ahmed, Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan and others hardly batted an
eye. Greenspan said it was "probably feasible" the economy would reach the
Bush administration's forecast of adding 2.6 million jobs this year,
provided growth continues and the productivity rate slows to more typically
levels.

"I don't think it's 'Fantasyland,'" Greenspan said.
------------------------------------

Harry Krause

Jim-- wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.11a10c49ca3423911f02699cbc6b988a@107 8165397.nulluser.com...

Thanks to the Bush Administration fiddling while our jobs have burned,
we're down 2.5 million jobs since the idiot assumed office.

snip

Bull!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...5/171833.shtml

Your bullship pickup from Not-the-newsmax has been discredited at least
50 times. Find something else.
plantsman

Bull! to Newsmax. I don't care how they cook the books on this one, jobs
are not being created in Tennessee and more are going way south or far east
every day. In just my area of NE TN, in the past ten years, we've lost
something to the tune of better than 6,000 manufacturing jobs and over 1,000
more engineering and support jobs for the area's industry. That's almost a
quarter of all industrial jobs here. Even Burger King has taken down their
"Help Wanted" signs. I'm a Republican but if the Bush team succeeds in
measuring burger flippin' as a manufacturing job, them I'm going to
reconsider my vote come November. Real estate here is a mini-mansion buyers
market, as so many white collar folks have had to pull up and relocate when
their $100K+ jobs evaporated due to cutbacks. It's still not over, more
layoffs are expected as the area's largest employer, Eastman Chemical, sells
off one of their divisions and potentially 2,000+ people will be impacted.
We've got Bechtel mechanical and chemical engineers delivering pizzas and
working for the newspaper in an effort to keep from having to move away and
loose their butts on their homes. It is the pits! My former employer
(industrial equipment/supply) (I retired in July due to illness) went from
having over thirty people working to only about eleven, due to the fallout
from Eastman basically stopping in their tracks. They're not optimistic
about surviving as a company. Several competitors and related companies
have already bellied-up. Everyone from car dealers, furniture stores, and
everyone except Wal-Mart has been impacted.

David S.
Kingsport, TN

"Jim--" wrote in message

[...]

Harry Krause

plantsman wrote:

[...]

Cheap labor...the dream of Republicans everywhere. If you want a sea
change, do what you can to ensure Bush does not steal a second term. The
Bush-ites don't give a crap about working men and women.
NOYB

"plantsman" wrote in message
om...
[...]

They're not selling to relocate to a new job. They're selling to relocate
to a nicer climate. Our real estate market in Southwest Florida is still
going gangbusters. I just sold my house today after about 60 days on the
market. We sold it for 37% more than we paid in January 2001. Finally, I
can pull the boat out of the marina (it's a friggin' hour and half drive to
go 30 miles), and park it in the back yard of my new home.

[...]

I couldn't imagine a worse hardship than working for the only major
employer in a certain area, and then that employer picking up and moving.
Unfortunately, your area isn't experiencing anything different from what
those living in the mining towns of PA experienced decades ago. People
complained about the same thing back then.

It's a fact of life that every year, technology changes, mines dry up, or
jobs get sent overseas. It sucks that manufacturing jobs are being sent
overseas, but that's the reality in a World economy with the WTO and NAFTA.
Any candidate that will tell you he/she can do something to slow the exodus
of jobs going overseas is full of ****. Completely full of ****! Ask 'em
for details. Kerry says "he'll close the loopholes". What loopholes!?!?
Demand they be specific! The bottom line is...Perot and Buchanan were
right. However, the loss of manufacturing jobs was inevitable. NAFTA and
the WTO just expedited things.

NOYB

plantsman wrote:

[...]

It's the dream of every employer...Democrat *OR* Republican. Do you know
*anybody* in business who dreams of expensive, over-paid labor? The first
thing *any* company does in a recession is cut costs...and the biggest cost
to any company is labor. Look at a P&L for any company. See the biggest
expense? Employees.

Let's say the employee cost for a company is 25% of revenues, the other
costs are 45%, and the company has a net profit of 30% of revenues. If you
cut the employee expense in half by sending jobs overseas, you've increased
your net profit almost 42%!!! Any savings go directly to the bottom line.

The only reason Democrats might not see it this way is because they make
lousy business people.

Every Democrat that I know, works for someone else. And everyone I know who
works for himself/herself, is a Republican.

John H

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:44:40 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Jim-- wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.11a10c49ca3423911f02699cbc6b988a@107 8165397.nulluser.com...

Thanks to the Bush Administration fiddling while our jobs have burned,
we're down 2.5 million jobs since the idiot assumed office.

snip

Bull!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...5/171833.shtml

Your bullship pickup from Not-the-newsmax has been discredited at least
50 times. Find something else.

Which policy of Clinton's caused the job losses that Bush has not
fixed?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Calif Bill

plantsman wrote:

[...]

What is Kerry or Edwards going to do to get 2,000,000-3,000,000 new jobs?

bb

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:28:25 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

What is Kerry or Edwards going to do to get 2,000,000-3,000,000 new jobs?

Why set the bar so high? Bush lost 3,000,000 jobs on his watch. Just
stemming the loss will be a vast improvement. Adding 2,000,000 to
3,000,000 would be light years ahead of what Bush has, or hasn't,
done.

bb
Harry Krause

plantsman wrote:

[...]

After four years of Bush, just stopping the negative outflow of our
life's blood would be a miracle.