Jim Jim is offline

Default Why won't Harry shout out about the unions?

There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

"Jim" wrote in message
There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

Where I worked...no one was forced to sign a card, although under the terms
of employment they paid union dues and enjoyed any advantages the full
members enjoyed. ( except they couldn't run for office in the local)

Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

Where I worked...no one was forced to sign a card, although under the terms
of employment they paid union dues and enjoyed any advantages the full
members enjoyed. ( except they couldn't run for office in the local)

I doubt FloridaJim or his buddy JustWait could qualify as an apprentice
in any of the skilled unions.

I was on a condo construction site last week where a union crew turned
out an incredible three story winding stainless steel and glass
staircase. The tube bending and welds and panels of curved glass were as
close to perfect as any I've seen in my working life. Obviously, what
the job needed was someone with Justwait's skill to tack on some
footpegs and someone with FloridaJim's skill to sweep the floor.

"Boater" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

Where I worked...no one was forced to sign a card, although under the
terms of employment they paid union dues and enjoyed any advantages the
full members enjoyed. ( except they couldn't run for office in the local)

I doubt FloridaJim or his buddy JustWait could qualify as an apprentice in
any of the skilled unions.

I was on a condo construction site last week where a union crew turned out
an incredible three story winding stainless steel and glass staircase. The
tube bending and welds and panels of curved glass were as close to perfect
as any I've seen in my working life. Obviously, what the job needed was
someone with Justwait's skill to tack on some footpegs and someone with
FloridaJim's skill to sweep the floor.

Wait a hold-it Harry,

Are you trying to convince us that your union construction crew bent and
fabricated the SS tubes, and formed the "perfect" panels of curved glass on
site? I don't believe it.

Or did they simply install them, supplied by a manufacturer?

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

The staircase was built on site in a closed off area of the parking
garage with special equipment typically used at facilities that
fabricate for the aerospace industry; the glass was produced at a union
factory. I took a few photos, which I might post later. The pricetag for
the staircase was...astonishing. :)

"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

"Special equipment used by facilities that fabricate for the aerospace
industry"?

I call Bull ****. Either that Harry, or some PR dude was handing you a
line.

To fabricate what you are talking about would require hydraulic tubing
benders, mandrels, etc. .... nothing very exotic. Normally they would
simply be made in ship-able sizes/lengths and then butt welded together on
site.

But how did they finish them? Were they passivated? Electropolished?
Were those tanks set up in the parking lot? In Boston? No friggin' way.

What you are talking about is pretty routine work for any fab shop with the
proper equipment.

The glass is something else.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

It doesn't take much to impress Harry. He should go visit Disney World
if he wants to see some pretty neat stuff.

On Nov 12, 2:46*pm, Jim wrote:
There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

I take it you mean to ask why he won't shout negatively about the
unions?

It's because he's been sucking from their nipple for years, so no need
to bite the teat that feeds

Jim Jim is offline

wrote:
On Nov 12, 2:46 pm, Jim wrote:
There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

I take it you mean to ask why he won't shout negatively about the
unions?

It's because he's been sucking from their nipple for years, so no need
to bite the teat that feeds

I was hoping he would debunk the claims made on the web site. It's scary
to think that this kind of thuggery is still going on.
Senior Member

On Nov 12, 4:26*pm, Boater wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
There are some pretty serious allegations on this web site.

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Cat got your tongue Harry?

Where I worked...no one was forced to sign a card, although under the terms
of employment they paid union dues and enjoyed any advantages the full
members enjoyed. ( except they couldn't run for office in the local)

I doubt FloridaJim or his buddy JustWait could qualify as an apprentice
in any of the skilled unions.

I was on a condo construction site last week where a union crew turned
out an incredible three story winding stainless steel and glass
staircase. The tube bending and welds and panels of curved glass were as
close to perfect as any I've seen in my working life. Obviously, what
the job needed was someone with Justwait's skill to tack on some
footpegs and someone with FloridaJim's skill to sweep the floor.

Pfffttt. your fat little ass crack could not hold a candle to me in
any construction of manufacturing area..