Default Is it just me?

Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition, now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately, I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on. What is
going on here?

On Nov 11, 9:35 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition, now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately, I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on. What is
going on here?

Payback, of course.

Hmm, ASUS says Made in China, shoulda known.

On Nov 11, 9:50 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:35 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition, now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately, I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on. What is
going on here?
Payback, of course.

Hmm, ASUS says Made in China, shoulda known.

Yeah, Asus makes stuff all over the Far East and Pacific Rim. Have you
contacted Asus? It is possible the company will surprise you and stand
behind its product. It does happen. Apple replaced the keyboard on my
laptop with absolutely no hassle, and did it at its mall store while I
waited.

I'd have to find the receipt, not likely. I'm about ready to go back
to my old hand compass, paper charts, spring type knotlog with a towed
thing and sextant. My DANG Garmin VHF is acting flaky too.

wrote in message
Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition, now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately, I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on. What is
going on here?

Are you buying quality equipment?
I've had the same Standard Horizon handheld VHF for 4 years.

wrote in message
Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition, now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately, I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on. What is
going on here?

Check the fine print.
"Made in China"

Eisboch

"Boater" wrote in message
On Nov 11, 9:35 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Some of the electrical stuff being made and/or assembled in China is
downright dangerous to operate.
I wouldn't leave any rechargable device plugged in unattended that was made
in China. You may not recognize your house when you return. The list
includes computer power packs, rechargeable radios, flashlights, etc.

Eisboch