Default Is it just me?

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:35 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This
year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition,
now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately,
I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have
finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so
I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups
falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on.
What is
going on here?
Payback, of course.

Hmm, ASUS says Made in China, shoulda known.

Yeah, Asus makes stuff all over the Far East and Pacific Rim. Have
you contacted Asus? It is possible the company will surprise you
and stand behind its product. It does happen. Apple replaced the
keyboard on my laptop with absolutely no hassle, and did it at its
mall store while I waited.

Do they only employ union labor?

Actually some of the techs at the Apple Store are fairly
knowledgeable. I doubt they'd hire a schlump like you.

Are they unionized?

Not that I know of, but they may well be in the future.

Great, that will screw up customer service at all of the Apple stores.

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:35 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Only for simple-minded fools like you.
DK DK is offline

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
Or does everybody else have problems with electronics. This year, I
have replaced 3 hand held VHF units and am about to replace a
permanently mounted one that is only 2 yrs old. In addition, now my
ASUS micro-computer is failing to charge at all, unfortunately, I got
it from Amazon and it simply isnt worth shipping back. I have finally
decided to only buy locally because i can then take stuff back
easily. The latest handheld VHF from West refused to charge so I took
it back and had to wait 3 days for a replacement. This is really
aggravating.
Even my expensive binocs are having problems with the eye cups falling
off and I cannot find the right tiny screws to fasten em on. What is
going on here?

Are you buying quality equipment?
I've had the same Standard Horizon handheld VHF for 4 years.

He uses his equipment. It's not on a shelf 360 days out of the year.
DK DK is offline

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:35 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Good luck with that.

"DK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Projecting your own pathetic situation?
I've documented a number of my adventures the last couple of years.

DK DK is offline

Don White wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Adventures? Care to post a link to ONE, dummy?

BTW - MY situation is far from pathetic. I boat and fish all year and I
don't have to drill any holes in a frozen lake to do it.
DK DK is offline

DK wrote:
Don White wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

crickets

Is your Google down, dummy, or are you admitting a lie?