Default Help identifying correct part number for trim/tilt relay wiring harness?

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:33:07 GMT, "Chuck" wrote:

I am sure a good parts guy can sort this out. Start by finding a motor
catalog page (similar to yours) with the right style trim relays and
use the cable from that page. The ones with ring terminals look like
old style Ford/AMC starter solenoids.

This guy has a pretty good assortment of catalogs you can browse
http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/mercury_sch_fs.html

You have been very helpful. When I get right down to it, all I really
need
is ten of these: www.musclecarsounds.com/boats/relay6.jpg Still working
with the dealer on this.

If you can figure out who makes the connector body I bet you can get
the spade sockets for it. (I am betting Tyco/AMP)
I would start at Digikey.com but you might have to buy a bunch of them
unless you have something else "electronic" you need. I think they
have a $10 minimum.
I will warn you, Digikey sells all sorts of cool electronic parts so
if you like this kind of stuff your credit card limit may be more
important than the minimum order ;-)
The other thing you need is the right "Amp" style crimper unless you
squeeze them and solder them. Just mashing them with pliers will not
work. These form that "M" fold in the connector.

After closer inspection, only the one red "hot" supply wire needed
replacement. For that reason, I did not go the route of purchasing a new
crimper, although I agree it should have been used. I did reterminate the
one bad wire by carefully crimping it, and then by soldering it just to be
sure it stays put. Here are the final two photos I will post about this
harness repair job. One photo is blurry and the other one is crystal
clear... and I don't quite know how I pulled that feat off other than the
fact that I took about ten pictures and only uploaded the best ones.

see: www.musclecarsounds.com/boats/relay8.jpg and
www.musclecarsounds.com/boats/relay9.jpg