Default Tilt & Trim ????

Hello all. Sorry to interrupt the OT flow here, but I need to know if the
trim unit off of a '91 Evinrude 60hp(3cyl) would fit up to a '91 48 SPL.
I've got a chance to buy one, but because of distance, won't get the
opportunity to try before I buy. It would make a nice winter project, and
probably give us all an opportunity to talk about boats for a bit.
Thanks

Snafu

According to my Clymer's manual for Evinrude and Johnson 1991-94, there were
four different trim and tilt systems...
* Touch-Trim was used on some 40-50 hp models (picture looks like single-ram
system)
* A single-ram system was used on some 40 and 50 hp models
* Conventional or FasTrak triple-ram system was used on 60-225 hp models

So between a 48 hp and 60 hp outboard, I think you are looking at two

wrote in message
m...
Hello all. Sorry to interrupt the OT flow here, but I need to know if the
trim unit off of a '91 Evinrude 60hp(3cyl) would fit up to a '91 48 SPL.
I've got a chance to buy one, but because of distance, won't get the
opportunity to try before I buy. It would make a nice winter project, and
probably give us all an opportunity to talk about boats for a bit.
Thanks

Mercury 1350 trim and tilt CharlesB General 0 August 2nd 04 06:18 PM
Trim Tilt Hell Ppleworks General 2 June 23rd 04 12:28 AM
help on tilt trim puzzle??? RichG General 5 June 10th 04 11:13 PM
Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative? Franko General 5 February 17th 04 11:18 PM
Older Mercury Tilt & Trim Operation? Smokey & Bear General 2 July 13th 03 05:01 AM