Franko

Default Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF fluid in my Volvo power
trim / tilt?

JDavis1277

Franko,

Of course, if you really want to. But why not use what Volvo recommends? How
hard is that?

Butch

Franko wrote: Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF fluid in my
Volvo power
trim / tilt?

Greg

Maybe he doesn't have a Volvo dealer close by?
It is just hydralic fluid and ATF/PS fluid, by any other name is the same
stuff. There may be some corrosion blockers in the Volvo but I doubt it. This
is a sealed system.
Lawrence James

yep

"Franko" wrote in message
om...
Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF fluid in my Volvo

power
trim / tilt?

akheel

Accoridng to my local marine shop the auto stuff will work fine, but the
marine stuff (volvo or any brand) is water soluble, such that if it leaks
out, it wont pollute.

(JDavis1277) wrote in
:

Franko,

Of course, if you really want to. But why not use what Volvo
recommends? How hard is that?

Butch

Franko wrote: Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF
fluid in my Volvo power
trim / tilt?

Carl G. Craver

atf is perfectly acceptable for use in your power trim/tilt system.

Carl G.Craver

"Franko" wrote in message
om...
Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF fluid in my Volvo

power
trim / tilt?

Mercury 500 50HP Blue Band, power Trim Grumpy General 1 November 18th 03 04:57 PM
Power Trim Gazunni General 2 July 31st 03 02:42 AM
Power Trim Gazunni General 0 July 30th 03 01:14 AM
Power Trim JTC General 0 July 29th 03 11:41 AM
Older Mercury Tilt & Trim Operation? Smokey & Bear General 2 July 13th 03 05:01 AM