BoatBanter.com

-   -   Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3152-power-trim-tilt-fluid-alternative.html)

Franko February 12th 04 03:23 AM

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF fluid in my Volvo power
trim / tilt?

JDavis1277 February 12th 04 02:24 PM

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

Franko,

Of course, if you really want to. But why not use what Volvo recommends? How
hard is that?

Butch

Franko wrote: Can I use standard automotive Power Steering or ATF fluid in my
Volvo power
trim / tilt?

Greg February 12th 04 03:08 PM

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

Maybe he doesn't have a Volvo dealer close by?
It is just hydralic fluid and ATF/PS fluid, by any other name is the same
stuff. There may be some corrosion blockers in the Volvo but I doubt it. This
is a sealed system.

Lawrence James February 13th 04 03:08 AM

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

yep

om...

akheel February 15th 04 08:14 AM

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

Accoridng to my local marine shop the auto stuff will work fine, but the
marine stuff (volvo or any brand) is water soluble, such that if it leaks
out, it wont pollute.

(JDavis1277) wrote in
:

Carl G. Craver February 17th 04 11:18 PM

Power Trim & Tilt fluid alternative?

atf is perfectly acceptable for use in your power trim/tilt system.

Carl G.Craver

om...