Default Biden was correct.

wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:31:38 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

He has yet to prove that he is a brilliant politician

Well, he did run a brilliant campaign. That says something about his
political skills.

Interestingly, it followed his first official Intel briefing. It will
be hard for people like you to recognize at first, but I am willing to
bet that Obama's policy concepts will begin to sound more and more like
existing foreign policies.

Historically, foreign policy has been bipartisan. It should be no
surprise if Obama returns to that concept. Of course, that will require
rectifying Bush's blunders.

Obama is going to have to devote much of his first term to cleaning up
the messes created by Bush and Company. I agree that Obama is a
brilliant politician. He not only came out of nowhere and beat Hillary.
he for the moment has changed the electoral map of the United States,
and carried states no Democrats even dreamed of carrying a year ago.

I don't expect miracles in foreign policy, but I do expect positive
movement, and a restoration of competence and honesty, attributes that
have been missing for close to eight years. Obama will get us out of
Iraq, he will close GITMO, he will forbid torture, he will seek face to
face discussions with our "enemies," he will restore our reputation
around the world and he will re-establish full diplomatic relations with
Cuba. Further, when something bad happens, Obama won't try to lie us
into a new war with the wrong country.

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:31:38 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

He has yet to prove that he is a brilliant politician

Well, he did run a brilliant campaign. That says something about his
political skills.

The credit goes to David Axlerod, IMO.

Interestingly, it followed his first official Intel briefing. It will
be hard for people like you to recognize at first, but I am willing to
bet that Obama's policy concepts will begin to sound more and more like
existing foreign policies.

Historically, foreign policy has been bipartisan. It should be no
surprise if Obama returns to that concept. Of course, that will require
rectifying Bush's blunders.

Have Bush's policies been bipartisan? They seem to be when funding is
required, but quickly disavowed.
What ever happened to Pelosi's 100 day "plan"?

Watching Scarborough this morning as I type. He and Mike Barnicle just
finished discussing how Obama's perception of the world has likely already
changed following his initial Intel briefing. Expect symbolic changes, but
nothing of substance. Only thing is, people like Pelosi and Ried will stop
complaining.

It is amazing when you actually find out that you have no friends in the
world, just allies of convenience.