posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

Default 12 Gge pepper shells for boat protection

On Oct 29, 7:25*am, "William Black"
wrote:
"Dennis" wrote in message

.4...

Andrew Swallow wrote:

I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
held flare gun:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci
alty-ammo

This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat
from pirates. *Thoughts?

Modern pirates use RPG launchers. *You have to match fire power.

* *So bring an RPG launcer yourself. *Better yet, how about a MILAN or
Sagger anti-tank missile? *You could *out*-gun them that way!

* *Can you adapt a Stinger missile or *SAM-7 for surface-to-surface use?
You'd have even more range and flexibility that way.

"Hello, *my name's 'Hamid the Mad Bomber', *here's my skipper's ticket and a
letter from my shipping company, *it's called *'The Terrorist Shipping
Line", *saying that I work for them. I'll have 6 RPGs and a SAM-7 to go
please..."

I'm sure the company would have some serious hurdles. As for
terrorists they can get some pretty nasty stuff already.

"David E. Powell" wrote in message
On Oct 29, 7:25 am, "William Black"
wrote:
"Dennis" wrote in message

.4...

Andrew Swallow wrote:

[...]

------------------

What sort?

Small freighters are available for less than 'telephone number' money. I
found half a dozen in a web search that took less than ten minutes, all for
less than a million dollars US

A limited company can be bought in the UK for £100 and its registered
address can be a sympathetic lawyer's office.

And then you've got an Arab owned British shipping company (ship registered
in Liberia of course) that's doing business in the area and has a perfect
right to the stuff.

Invent a couple of small trading companies and ship cheap rubbish around the
Gulf and the Horn for about a year, complete with all the necessary
paperwork, and then ring someone up and say something like 'Hey man, like
we want our guns man, we're human too you know...' and await delivery and a
training package...

Now I'm sure if I can work this sort of thing out the highly paid
intelligence analysists of the CIA can as well, but it would be horribly
difficult to spot the dud company from the real one.

Freight shipping in smallish freighters has always been a pretty dirty
business.

The easy solution is not to allow merchant ships anything more lethal than a
rifle...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

Default I can't wait for Wednesday...

....so that the only news Sarah Palin will make will be during her
resignation as Alaska's governor because of ethical reasons.

Gad, this woman is the most uninformed, bigoted, lying bitch on the
American political scene *ever*. She makes Fanny Foxe seem a decent woman.

Bye, bye Sarah...
posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

On Oct 30, 3:43*pm, "William Black"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in ...
On Oct 29, 7:25 am, "William Black"
wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message

. 1.4...

Andrew Swallow wrote:

[...]

All these moments will be lost in time, *like icecream on the beach
Time for tea.

Probably spot the dud company the same way Valerie Plame's op was
outed, not enough documentation and reaction. Call the telephone
number, several times, usually not answered or answered by an
answering service. Look for membership in shipping organizations,
address in "home" country, hiring patterns for crew, agents.

A Russian op would probably look real, a Russian-backed op probably as
well. It's called experience in the "legend".

On Oct 30, 4:30*pm, Boater wrote:
...so that the only news Sarah Palin will make will be during her
resignation as Alaska's governor because of ethical reasons.

Gad, this woman is the most uninformed, bigoted, lying bitch on the
American political scene *ever*. She makes Fanny Foxe seem a decent woman..

Bye, bye Sarah...

The state she governs is filled with her type, male and female. There
are probably many Republicans who consider her to be a liberal. Her
husband was tied to the Alaska Independence Party and she sent a
recorded speech to their convention last year. It's little bits like
that that get her elected.

"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message
On Oct 30, 3:43 pm, "William Black"
wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in
On Oct 29, 7:25 am, "William Black"
wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message

. 1.4...

Andrew Swallow wrote:

[...]

--------------------------

The easy way to do it would be to set up a real shipping company and ship
some stuff, or 'adopt' one owned by a sympathiser.

That way you don't show up when people do basic background checks...

Terrorists don't operate in a vacuum.

I'm astonished that the CIA didn't actually operate a proper company
complete with proper offices for 'cover' purposes for its agents, except
that, of course, when it gets blown everyone gets blown...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

Jack Linthicum wrote:

Bye, bye Sarah...

You hope.

The state she governs is filled with her type, male and female. There
are probably many Republicans who consider her to be a liberal. Her
husband was tied to the Alaska Independence Party and she sent a
recorded speech to their convention last year. It's little bits like
that that get her elected.

A woman friend told me there was a saying for women who go to Alaska:
"The odds are good, but the goods are odd!" Plenty of men for each woman,
but they might be outlaws and other things...

Dennis
posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

On Oct 30, 5:11*pm, "William Black"
wrote:
"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message

On Oct 30, 3:43 pm, "William Black"
wrote:

"David E. Powell" wrote in
On Oct 29, 7:25 am, "William Black"
wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message

. 1.4...

Andrew Swallow wrote:

[...]

They had a really good idea, a consultant service for an investment
company. Idea would be that they do some private work if you are an
okay company but their resources, ie Valerie Plame plus whoever else,
are limited and very expensive. My experience with CIA cover was that
the people who did it were very unimaginative.

The entertainment at graduation from a place with a reputation,
included a guy who was sort of a Shelly Berman type. He did a routine
on a stool with a telephone that went through all of the possibilities
of a trainee being nabbed by the local police for "suspicious
activity".