posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

Default 12 Gge pepper shells for boat protection

"Dennis" wrote in message
.4...
Andrew Swallow wrote:

I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
held flare gun:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci
alty-ammo

This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat
from pirates. Thoughts?

Modern pirates use RPG launchers. You have to match fire power.

So bring an RPG launcer yourself. Better yet, how about a MILAN or
Sagger anti-tank missile? You could *out*-gun them that way!

Can you adapt a Stinger missile or SAM-7 for surface-to-surface use?
You'd have even more range and flexibility that way.

"Hello, my name's 'Hamid the Mad Bomber', here's my skipper's ticket and a
letter from my shipping company, it's called 'The Terrorist Shipping
Line", saying that I work for them. I'll have 6 RPGs and a SAM-7 to go
please..."

--
William Black

Time for tea.

On Oct 28, 2:36*pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
held flare gun:
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci....
This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat from
pirates. *Thoughts?

If the pirates are eight-year-old girls or dumb little big-mouth schitts
like loogy, herring, or florida jim, maybe.

Hey, Harry, I'm glad I'm not a foul mouthed, fat nail chewing stinky
neanderthal like you. Tell us more about hunting for bodies in
Vietnam.

On Oct 29, 1:12*am, Dennis wrote:
wrote:
:I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
:held flare gun:
:http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci.

..
:This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat from
irates. *Thoughts?

If you want to **** them off so badly that they rape you to death this
is probably a good tactic.

* * * * Hm, being gay isn't part of the pirate image. *:-) * I thought rum,
buggery and the lash was the British navy, which some became pirates to
escape. *However, these are Somali pirates... *"For children, a woman; for
pleasure, a boy..."

* * *The use of nonlethal weapons against those with lethal weapons is
rarely a good idea.

* * * * I recall it recently did work; some ship with a sonic weapon
succeeded in driving pirates off with it. *

Dennis

It's been a few years since I've been in the Gulf of Mexico but to my
knowledge we have no Somali pirates.

None around Texas at any rate.

On Oct 29, 8:27*am, wrote:
On Oct 29, 1:12*am, Dennis wrote:

wrote:
[...]

True. If someone wants your boat there it's probably drug
runners.....they'll kill you anyway, so you might as well get in a few
shots.

On 29 Oct 2008 06:17:56 GMT, Dennis
wrote:

Hanging them from the yardarm would be even more fun, though.

There is a place right downtown in London called Execution Dock.
Legend is that they would peg down pirates on the river bottom at low
tide. Drowning occured when the tide came in. For the modern
variation, chain them to their boat and shoot a not very big hole in
it.

Casady

On 29 Oct 2008 06:12:13 GMT, Dennis
wrote:

The use of nonlethal weapons against those with lethal weapons is
rarely a good idea.

I recall it recently did work; some ship with a sonic weapon
succeeded in driving pirates off with it.

More than ship has driven off pirates with high pressure water hoses.
Not really non lethal. At least blowing the eyeballs out of their
heads would be pretty easy.

Casady

wrote in message
On Oct 28, 6:45 pm, wrote:
On Oct 28, 2:28 pm, wrote:

I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
held flare
gun:http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci...
This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat from
pirates. Thoughts?

All I can say is if the gun is plastic (which some, are...) your in
for a big surprise...

MY BAD, I forgot about those HUMONGOUS storms on the Chesepeake so I'd
say "Seas 2-3 feet, bays and inland waters a moderate chop" Harry
would respond, "OMG Hurricane a comin, MAYDAY, MAYDAY"

So, we have actual proof that some people dont read. These shells are
DESIGNED to be fired from a 12 guage flare gun, you know, the Orion/
Olin type.

The fact is that you are dealing with people who just don't care and won't
be deterred by anything other than lethal force. What you have to decide is
whether you are willing to do the same. If I were wishing to deter them I
would get a semi-auto rifle like a 30.06 with a few extra clips and be done
with it and hope they don't get me first. Other than that, I would just give
in and hope they spare your lives. You could probably pick up 2-3 decent
used semi-autos and plenty of ammo for a couple of thousand bucks or less at
a gun shop. As a matter of fact, the best thing to do is to go to a gun shop
and tell the owner what you need and he will give you some advice on arms
and ammo that will do you best. You can't defeat hand grenades with a letter
opener...........

Ed

On Oct 28, 11:19*pm, " wrote:
On Oct 28, 11:13*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:

wrote:

:
:I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
:held flare gun:
:http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci...
:This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat from
irates. *Thoughts?
:

If you want to **** them off so badly that they rape you to death this
is probably a good tactic.

--

* * *The use of nonlethal weapons against those with lethal weapons is
rarely a good idea.

especially whenyours is a single shot one
posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats

wrote:

:
:I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
:held flare gun:
:http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci...
:This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat from
irates. *Thoughts?
:

If you want to **** them off so badly that they rape you to death this
is probably a good tactic.

--

* * *The use of nonlethal weapons against those with lethal weapons is
rarely a good idea.

especially whenyours is a single shot one- Hide quoted text -

You could get Toms? kid to smuggle over a Lars Rocket.......

They work great for punching holes in Pirate boats..aHARRrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

On Oct 28, 6:45*pm, wrote:
On Oct 28, 2:28*pm, wrote:

I found this site with 12 gage pepper shells for loading into a hand
held flare gun:http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...12-gauge-speci...
This would avoid buying a "real" gun for defending ones sailboat from
pirates. *Thoughts?

All I can say is if the gun is plastic (which some, are...) your in
for a big surprise...

They'd have to be rated for the plastic gun - which would be a lot
less charge than in your standard Remington 870 type hunting shotgun!

I'm with William Black on Pirate defense, if you want a weapon please
use a really effective one!