Default slowly fixin the MiniCup sailboat

On Oct 17, 12:44*pm, Boater wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:15:08 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I also have to remove three layers of
paint. *Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time.

Try a heat gun and scraper, very effective. * Wear leather gloves.

I was going to suggest gasoline and a match.

That's because your are an asshole.

wrote:

I also have to remove three layers of
paint. Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time.

Try a heat gun and scraper, very effective. Wear leather gloves.

I was going to suggest gasoline and a match.

That's because your are an asshole.

I keep trying to get pics but my wife runs off wiht the camera. BTW,
a finger plane is a tiny plane with a blade about the size of a
razor. It is unpowered of course and you pull it toward yourself and
it shaves a tiny amount off the wood. I always assume that most
people have more experience in woodworking than me cuz I am nearly
incompetent at such being unable to follow any directions. I turn
everything into an experiment.
For example, I was puzzled at why the bottom wood on the boat was in
such good shape whereas the deck was rotten. Then I rememebred that I
had experimented with mixing in Sevin dust as a thickener for my epoxy
for the bottom. Then I decided I didnt want to leave a toxic wake and
didnt do that with the deck.

wrote:

[...]

Sevin dust?? Hey at least the bugs wouldn't eat it!
RLM RLM is offline

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=s7001391.jpg

wrote:

[...]

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/o...tion=view&curr...

I also mixed in some bronze powder I had left over from a anti-fouling
paste experiment and this prob suppressed fungus.

wrote:

[...]

Nice pic! Thanks.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]