Default slowly fixin the MiniCup sailboat

I have so far pulled out 42 old screws that were rusting through the
glassed and epoxied joints. I also have to remove three layers of
paint. Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time. Am almost
ready to start filling the holes in the bottom and re-glass the chine
joint.

On Oct 17, 12:01 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
I have so far pulled out 42 old screws that were rusting through the
glassed and epoxied joints. I also have to remove three layers of
paint. Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time. Am almost
ready to start filling the holes in the bottom and re-glass the chine
joint.

Then you can sail it to Bimini.

It couldnt carry all the water I need to drink. However there is a
couple that has sailed a 15' sailboat (homebuilt) over 20 times.

wrote:
I have so far pulled out 42 old screws that were rusting through the
glassed and epoxied joints. I also have to remove three layers of
paint. Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time. Am almost
ready to start filling the holes in the bottom and re-glass the chine
joint.

Then you can sail it to Bimini.

It couldnt carry all the water I need to drink. However there is a
couple that has sailed a 15' sailboat (homebuilt) over 20 times.

Now that Harry mentions it, sailing a MiniCup to Bimini would be an
awesome thing to do. Unfortunately, once you were there you really
couldnt use it for anything else cuz it is too slow. So, Yes, it
would be awesome but once it was done what then? So, No.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:15:08 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I also have to remove three layers of
paint. Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time.

Try a heat gun and scraper, very effective. Wear leather gloves.

wrote:

I also have to remove three layers of
paint. Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time.

Try a heat gun and scraper, very effective. Wear leather gloves.

I was going to suggest gasoline and a match.

..
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

On Oct 17, 2:39*pm, JohnH wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:15:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I have so far pulled out 42 old screws that were rusting through the
glassed and epoxied joints. *I also have to remove three layers of
paint. *Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time. *Am almost
ready to start filling the holes in the bottom and re-glass the chine
joint.

You should post some pictures of this over in Chuck's Place. That way we
amateurs can understand what you're talking about.

What is a finger plane?
--

Just a very small plane:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...er+plane&gbv=2