JohnH[_3_] JohnH[_3_] is offline

Default slowly fixin the MiniCup sailboat

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:52:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Oct 17, 2:39*pm, JohnH wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:15:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I have so far pulled out 42 old screws that were rusting through the
glassed and epoxied joints. *I also have to remove three layers of
paint. *Paint remover helps a little but i found the best tool is a
finger plane that will remove a very thin layer at a time. *Am almost
ready to start filling the holes in the bottom and re-glass the chine
joint.

You should post some pictures of this over in Chuck's Place. That way we
amateurs can understand what you're talking about.

What is a finger plane?
--

Just a very small plane:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...er+plane&gbv=2

Well, I'll be. Thanks
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]