Bill Cole

Default Great Economic News: Recession is Over!

are you upset because your boss asked you to work 45 hours last week?

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"-rick-" wrote in message

My engineering group consists of salaried exempt employees who don't

report
actual hours worked.

The key word is "salaried"...

Well then the figures aren't very reliable, are they?

Nice hole you just dug yourself.

Wayne.B

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:32:50 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:
They've been priced out of
the waterfront market down here. Eventually you reach an "ouch" point where
the prices can't continue to climb because there aren't enough wealthy
people to fill them.

There are something like 20 million plus baby boomers geting ready to
retire in the next ten years. If even 5% are in the affluent to
wealthy range, that's still 1 million potential bidders for the
limited amount of waterfront which is available.

-rick-

"NOYB" wrote in message news:e837b.9650
Productivity refers to hours worked by "hourly" employees. You guys are
talking about "salaried" employees...and they don't have an effect on
productivity.

Not a perfect system, but "thems the facts".

Apparently not.

from:
http://stats.bls.gov/opub/hom/homch1...nd%20Estimatin
g%20Procedures

Because CES data include only nonfarm wage and salary workers, data from the
Current Population Survey (CPS) are used for farm employment. In the nonfarm
sector, the CPS is also used for proprietors and unpaid family workers.
Government enterprise hours are developed from the National Income and
Product Accounts estimates of employment and CPS data on average weekly
hours.

Separate estimates for employment and hours paid are developed for each
major sector, converted to an hours-at-work basis. The labor input of
employees of nonprofit corporations are estimated based on data from the
Commerce Department's Bureau of the Census and Bureau of Economic Analysis
and subtracted from the totals for each major sector. Hours of labor input
are treated as homogeneous units; no distinction is made among workers with
different skill levels or wages.

For nonmanufacturing sectors, employment and average weekly hours are
computed from the CES, CPS, and NIPA sources. Although CES data on average
weekly hours refer only to nonsupervisory workers, it is assumed for the
computation of hours that the length of the workweek in each
nonmanufacturing industry is the same for all wage and salary workers.

-rick-

jps

I am the boss. I work more than 45 hours a week. If my employees work more
than 40 hours a week, it's at will, not suggested or demanded. Sometimes we
have to pull together as a team and do extraordinary work. They're normally
compensated with comp time.

I don't do that for myself, but I do it for them -- because that's what's
fair.

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
are you upset because your boss asked you to work 45 hours last week?

Bill Cole

It sure is nice to see that you are one of the good guys. I guess it must
be terrible to see everyone else is unfair. Since everyone else is fighting
against "the man" they don't deserve to be treated as a team, and their
employers should be treated like the enemy. If you are a slave and are
working for the enemy, they only thing they should give "the man" is the
bare minimum work.

It must be nice to the only fair person in a world of evil *******s.

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
are you upset because your boss asked you to work 45 hours last week?

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Recession Over?!?! Im a little confused. In Florida, tourism is down by
1/3 and tourists are spending less too. Durable goods prices up by 3%,
unemployment at 6.9% (highest ever!) Auto sales off by 30%, (Chrysler
having a 2 Billion Dollar loss this quarter.) Time Warner dumping AOL
because of grossly inflated stock prices, Food costs higher, wages
lower. Medical insurance at all time high, New housing starts dropping
to near nothing,, and doctors fleeing the state and its insurance
premiums. And, Withal, the repo and foreclosure industries are having a
heyday.

Its a struggle to find paying passengers for charter trips. My fuel
bills, dockage and maintenance costs are up by $12,000.00 a month! This
year, if these trends continue, I will barely break even....

You say the recession is over? Where?

Capt. Frank

MadDogDave wrote:

September 5, 2003
Layoffs Rose Sharply Last Month, Report Says
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The civilian unemployment rate improved marginally
last month -- sliding to 6.1 percent -- as companies slashed payrolls by
93,000. Friday's report sent mixed signals about the nation's overall
economic health.

August was the seventh consecutive month of cuts in payrolls, a survey
released by the Labor Department showed, indicating continuing weakness
in the job market.

Thank Jesus for President Bush!!!!!!!!!!