Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default Great Economic News: Recession is Over!

Recession Over?!?! Im a little confused. In Florida, tourism is down by
1/3 and tourists are spending less too. Durable goods prices up by 3%,
unemployment at 6.9% (highest ever!) Auto sales off by 30%, (Chrysler
having a 2 Billion Dollar loss this quarter.) Time Warner dumping AOL
because of grossly inflated stock prices, Food costs higher, wages
lower. Medical insurance at all time high, New housing starts dropping
to near nothing,, and doctors fleeing the state and its insurance
premiums. And, Withal, the repo and foreclosure industries are having a
heyday.

Its a struggle to find paying passengers for charter trips. My fuel
bills, dockage and maintenance costs are up by $12,000.00 a month! This
year, if these trends continue, I will barely break even....

You say the recession is over? Where?

Capt. Frank

MadDogDave wrote:

September 5, 2003
Layoffs Rose Sharply Last Month, Report Says
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The civilian unemployment rate improved marginally
last month -- sliding to 6.1 percent -- as companies slashed payrolls by
93,000. Friday's report sent mixed signals about the nation's overall
economic health.

August was the seventh consecutive month of cuts in payrolls, a survey
released by the Labor Department showed, indicating continuing weakness
in the job market.

Thank Jesus for President Bush!!!!!!!!!!