Default another Hurricane!

Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that year.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...hurricane.html

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 27, 5:39*pm, "Don White" wrote:
Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that year.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane....

Wow Don. I hope all works out for you. I looked at the link you
provided and unfortunately it doesn't really show the upper part of
the US but it still looked like something awful was brewing.

Here in the midwest, we don't, or at least I dont' think of huricanes
hitting canada but rather the lower or middle of the eastern seaboard.

Again, the best to you.

wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:39:20 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's
strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that year.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...hurricane.html

Watch it on the NOAA site

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

They have you at 70-80% chance of tropical force winds and 10-20%
chance of hurricane force winds right now.

Thanks for that link.

"Tim" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 5:39 pm, "Don White" wrote:
Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's
strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that
year.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane....

Wow Don. I hope all works out for you. I looked at the link you
provided and unfortunately it doesn't really show the upper part of
the US but it still looked like something awful was brewing.

Here in the midwest, we don't, or at least I dont' think of huricanes
hitting canada but rather the lower or middle of the eastern seaboard.

Again, the best to you.

Thanks Tim. About 95% of the hurricanes that eventually reach us have
dropped down to a tropical storm due to the cold water sapping their
strength.
This year I can vouch that the ocean water seems warmer. At any beach you
can just walk in and actually stand there... instead of your feet turning
numb as in normal years. That's what makes it a bit scary....... the warmer
the local water, the stronger the storms when they arrive here.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's
strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that year.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane.....

Watch it on the NOAA site

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

They have you at 70-80% chance of tropical force winds and 10-20%
chance of hurricane force winds right now.

Thanks for that link.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...nd120#contents

WOAH!

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 21:06:36 -0400, wrote:

This time of year I keep it on the top page of our community web site
esteroriverheights.com (Estero Fl)
You can also see the ocean buoys at
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

And see the computer models he

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...l.html#a_topad

On Sep 27, 6:39*pm, "Don White" wrote:
Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that year.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane....

Ike caused an estimated $500 million damage to Ohio. Locally we saw 75
mph winds.

I cannot imagine going through hurricane level winds.

Best of luck to you and those in Kyle's path.

"JimH" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, "Don White" wrote:
Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's
strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that
year.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane....

Ike caused an estimated $500 million damage to Ohio. Locally we saw 75
mph winds.

I cannot imagine going through hurricane level winds.

Best of luck to you and those in Kyle's path.

==========================

75 mph is Cat 1 hurricane strength.

On Sep 28, 8:15*pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's
strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that
year.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane....

Ike caused an estimated $500 million damage to Ohio. Locally we saw 75
mph winds.

I cannot imagine going through hurricane level winds.

Best of luck to you and those in Kyle's path.

==========================

75 mph is Cat 1 hurricane strength.

Thanks..........did not know that.

I can now say my wife and I survived a Cat 1 hurricane on the north
coast of the USA! ;-)

On Sep 28, 8:59*pm, JimH wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:15*pm, "D.Duck" wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message

On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Hurricane Kyle is on it's way north to us.
The hope is that the cold North Atlantic waters will decrease it's
strength
back to a tropical storm.
Hard to believe, it's almost five years to the day that we gor slammed by
Juan, which was still a catagory 2 due to warmer than usual waters off the
coast that
year.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...kyle-hurricane....

Ike caused an estimated $500 million damage to Ohio. Locally we saw 75
mph winds.

I cannot imagine going through hurricane level winds.

Best of luck to you and those in Kyle's path.

==========================

75 mph is Cat 1 hurricane strength.

Thanks..........did not know that.

I can now say my wife and I survived a Cat 1 hurricane on the north
coast of the USA! * * ;-)- Hide quoted text -

Nope, you can't.

A look at a hurricane DSK ASA 0 December 8th 05 04:22 PM
OT--Hurricane relief done right NOYB General 26 November 3rd 05 02:07 AM
Hurricane Rita Mule General 7 September 22nd 05 02:22 AM
Hurricane Owners - HELP! pascal General 0 July 28th 05 02:19 PM
The Hurricane Scout ASA 0 September 20th 03 10:35 PM