Default Boat Rides Out Ike

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Eisboch

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:09:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Don't know, but these guys are pros.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2893

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:09:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Don't know, but these guys are pros.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2893

--Vic

Got a kick out of this:

"The first surge dragged us 1/3 of a mile, then the second surge turned us
all the way around and dragged us back 1/4 mile. While in the first surge we
were listing 35-45 degrees from side to side. Chairs were turned over, the
coffee table slid all around and I just clenched on to the couch and rode it
back and forth. The entire galley ended up on the floor. No camera action at
that time -- I could not reach it nor did I care!"

That's with three anchors .... a 1000 lb, and two 500 lb plus cable and
chain.

Eisboch

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:27:58 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Got a kick out of this:

"The first surge dragged us 1/3 of a mile, then the second surge turned us
all the way around and dragged us back 1/4 mile. While in the first surge we
were listing 35-45 degrees from side to side. Chairs were turned over, the
coffee table slid all around and I just clenched on to the couch and rode it
back and forth. The entire galley ended up on the floor. No camera action at
that time -- I could not reach it nor did I care!"

That's with three anchors .... a 1000 lb, and two 500 lb plus cable and
chain.

The biggest danger might have been getting hit by a house, or the
Hooters that broke loose. Bet a lot of stuff was bouncing off the
hull.
Looks like they really knew what they were doing, but maybe there were
times when they questioned that.
Did you see the video tour of the ship?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reme0gGqnkU
Very nice, and I think these guys really wanted her kept safe.
Nice job and kudos to them.

--Vic

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 18, 1:09*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. * I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Eisboch

he reminds me of Gregory Peck's character of Capt. Ahab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysiH...eature=related

"Tharrrr sheee Blewzzzz!
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 18, 11:51*pm, Tim wrote:
On Sep 18, 1:09*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

.. .

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. * I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Eisboch

he reminds me of Gregory Peck's character of Capt. Ahab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sysiH...eature=related

"Tharrrr sheee Blewzzzz!

Eh, this one's better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Sj4...eature=related

On Sep 18, 2:27*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:09:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. * I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Don't know, but these guys are pros.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2893

--Vic

Got a kick out of this:

"The first surge dragged us 1/3 of a mile, then the second surge turned us
all the way around and dragged us back 1/4 mile. While in the first surge we
were listing 35-45 degrees from side to side. Chairs were turned over, the
coffee table slid all around and I just clenched on to the couch and rode it
back and forth. The entire galley ended up on the floor. No camera action at
that time -- I could not reach it nor did I care!"

That's with three anchors .... a 1000 lb, and two 500 lb *plus cable and
chain.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

"clenched on the couch". I think I know just WHAT was clenching!!!

Vic Smith wrote:

The biggest danger might have been getting hit by a
house,

They were pretty far from land.

or the Hooters that broke loose.

Hooters was on Galveston Island, gulf side.

They were up in northern Galveston Bay, probably
about 25 miles up.

sam