Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Boat Rides Out Ike

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:09:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2891

--Vic

That was cool. I wonder if they had any idea what they were in for.

Don't know, but these guys are pros.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2893

--Vic

Got a kick out of this:

"The first surge dragged us 1/3 of a mile, then the second surge turned us
all the way around and dragged us back 1/4 mile. While in the first surge we
were listing 35-45 degrees from side to side. Chairs were turned over, the
coffee table slid all around and I just clenched on to the couch and rode it
back and forth. The entire galley ended up on the floor. No camera action at
that time -- I could not reach it nor did I care!"

That's with three anchors .... a 1000 lb, and two 500 lb plus cable and
chain.

Eisboch