Default Watch out for sock puppets

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:51:05 -0400, A Boater wrote:

I'm not sure I was ever in one. The "fancy" movie theater in New Haven
when I was a kid was the independent "Whalley Theatre," on, what else,
Whalley Avenue. Whalley Avenue was named after one of the judges who
signed the death warrant for Charles I of England.

Most of them, might have been before your time. Poli Theaters go back to
Vaudeville days. However, there were two Poli theaters in New Haven.

Here's one:

http://insight.library.yale.edu/Yale...449/257566.jpg

wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:51:05 -0400, A Boater wrote:

I'm not sure I was ever in one. The "fancy" movie theater in New Haven
when I was a kid was the independent "Whalley Theatre," on, what else,
Whalley Avenue. Whalley Avenue was named after one of the judges who
signed the death warrant for Charles I of England.

Most of them, might have been before your time. Poli Theaters go back to
Vaudeville days. However, there were two Poli theaters in New Haven.

Here's one:

http://insight.library.yale.edu/Yale...449/257566.jpg

Yeah that was a tad before my time. I have no memory of that scene, even
with more modern cars... :)

I only recall two "downtown" movie theaters I went to in New Haven. I
think one might have been called the College Street theater, and the
other, which I will never forget, was called the Lincoln Theater. It was
where I saw my first movie. It was a re-release of Bambi, and I saw it
in 1948 or 1949. Scared the crap out of me.

The Whalley was the big first-run theater for us. Saw the 10
Commandments there and also Bridge over the River Kwai, and of course, a
lot of other movies.

I won one of the never-ending Duncan yo-yo contests at one of the
never-ending Saturday kiddie matinees at the Whalley. :) By the time I
got through kidhood, every kid in New Haven won that contest at least once.

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/3908/

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/2747/ ???

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/2266/ ???

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/2752/

On Sep 15, 12:08*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:51:05 -0400, A Boater wrote:
I'm not sure I was ever in one. The "fancy" movie theater in New Haven
when I was a kid was the independent "Whalley Theatre," on, what else,
Whalley Avenue. Whalley Avenue was named after one of the judges who
signed the death warrant for Charles I of England.

Most of them, might have been before your time. *Poli Theaters go back to
Vaudeville days. *However, there were two Poli theaters in New Haven.

Here's one:

http://insight.library.yale.edu/Yale...449/257566.jpg

You'd have thought someone who allegedly attended Yale would have been
able to get that himself!

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:08:14 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 15, 11:02*am, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:51:56 -0400, A Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 06:50:46 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sep 15, 9:36 am, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 06:21:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Certain people who can not except the fact that they are not wanted
here are using sock puppets to get replies, and talking to themselves.
Ignore them, too!
I'm sure he appreciates this attention. Nice work. Don't tilt your
head - your brains might run out.
Hey chicken****, the week is over.. But don't worry, no one cares what
foul insults you hurl from behind mommies skirt. Everyone saw what you
and Harry did to the group with your little temper tantrum this week,
your true colors were exposed here this week. So go back to talking to
your peers snerk, they look up to you and appreciate your childish
antics.. As for the rest of us, I think you will hear a resounding,
**** off!

Thank you for your continued attention. I can hardly wait for the
resounding **** of. That will mean I have EVERYBODY'S attention.

Not sure where you get the idea that I had a tantrum. It was you
closing your eyes, plugging your ears and yelling nah-nah-nah-I-can't
hear-You. Just like any 2 year old.

All your experiment did was provide a new episode of the Keystone
Kops, as you all kept posting about not mentioning some of us.
Meanwhile, it looks like you now have denizens of some other grouops
that have been attracted to this trainwreck. I guess you could call
that a success of some sort.

It sure will take some of the load off of Harry, now that others will
be here rattling your collective cages.

Bwahahahahahaha!

snerk

Well, there's always Chuck's discussion board, where there aren't many
boating-related posts, either. Of course, SW Tom wielding the scimitar
there doesn't help.

There has never been that much of real interest to me here, any way. I
stopped in to see what was here, and just stuck around because Peyton
Place is off the air. I get a lot of attention here too, or I probably
would have moved on long ago. I'll be here as long as the idiot trust
continues to entertain me. Calling me names and telling me to **** off
is always welcome and an invitation to stick around to see what comes
next. I think if they want to really get me to leave, they will have
to cease ALL posting for a month or two. Eventually I would stop
checking if it really looked stone dead for a long period.

Anything short of that is just encouraging me at this point

What a bunch of ****, you are a frekin' cowardly little retard and
can't help yourself. Little ****s like you and Harry need the little
victories you get here, it's all you have... Get a life..

Thanks again! I really appreciate the fact that you are connsumed with
my presence here. I'm loving every minute of it. You've made me a
star!

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:16:51 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

Just plonk him Scott, and keep moving on.

--Mike

Thst's just it, Mike. He CAN'T DO THAT. He's a weakling.

wrote:
On Sep 15, 9:36 am, wrote:
[...]

You do know their handles here have been combined officially...they, the
collective of Loogy and Just Wait, is now known as JustWaitaLoogy.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:25:21 -0400, A Boater wrote:

wrote:

There has never been that much of real interest to me here, any way. I
stopped in to see what was here, and just stuck around because Peyton
Place is off the air. I get a lot of attention here too, or I probably
would have moved on long ago. I'll be here as long as the idiot trust
continues to entertain me. Calling me names and telling me to **** off
is always welcome and an invitation to stick around to see what comes
next. I think if they want to really get me to leave, they will have
to cease ALL posting for a month or two. Eventually I would stop
checking if it really looked stone dead for a long period.

Anything short of that is just encouraging me at this point.

I wouldn't mind an ongoing discussion of boating along the Connecticut
shore of LI Sound. I spent most of my summers there as a kid, and I
still have friends who live and boat along the shore from Milford to
just shy of Guilford. My oldest buddy, who helped me close down my
father's boating businesses, has an A-Frame cottage in the Burwell's
Beach part of Woodmont.

We hung out he

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/woodmont.jpg

The mini-mansions in the center to the right of the map at one point
belonged to the Poli family, which owned theaters all over the United
States. They sold out to Loew's. These mansions are all about 80 years
old now, I guess. The big one on the point was the summer house of the
Poli family. They had a movie theater and a bowling alley in the
basement. Last time I was there, the big house had been given to a group
of nuns as a retreat. I suppose the rest of the fancy houses were sold
off individually.

Our place was far, far more modest.

Anyway, these were great boating and fishing waters way back then.

Those red roofs are a well known landmark. One of my more frequent
spots for a weekend overnighter is to anchor behind Charles Island.

Another fav that I visit several times a month is the Thimbles. Once
you get there, it's easy to imagine you have sailed to Maine.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:26:31 -0400, A Boater wrote:

wrote:
On Sep 15, 9:36 am, wrote:
[...]

Your class is showing as usual, Scotty.

I think it's more likely that Scotty's problem is that he skipped
class.