Default Nice Fair Weather "Boat" for two People

CraigCat. You can google it if interested.
http://www.craigcat.com/
These get about 15mpg with a Merc 20hp moving 20mph.
Close to that anyway, from what I've read.
Top speed 30mph.
Probably get over 20mpg with a 5hp, but go slower.
Gas sipper, Very light, expect to get wet.
But a cheap way to get on the water.
New prices seem high, so I suspect you can find deep discounts, or buy
used.
A couple guys took a 469 mile trip up Lake Michigan.
http://www.craigcatlakemartin.com/469Mile.asp
Says they "encountered seas up to 12 feet."
Shouldn't that be "encountered lakes up to 12 feet?"
Since I can't fish sitting down all the time, maybe I could install
railings so I wouldn't take so many falls into the drink.
But I do like the thing, and it could work for me for light duty
Florida boating. More practical than a PWC on gas.
It's very light.
Wayne might consider it for a tender.

--Vic

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 06:20:13 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

[...]

Vic, that boat is looking better and better.
Know anybody who has one to get some personal perspective on it?

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

Sorry Vic, I don't. You're on your own there.
Probably get some good info in a boating group.
Suggest you try that.

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Vic. I'll give it a try.

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

You talking to me?

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

man, you're getting answers, too!

wrote:

[...]

I sure was. BTW, you were right about the retail price being high.
There's a couple of them for sale on Ebay. Look to be in good
condition. About half the retail price.
Man, you know your boats!

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Vic. I do try.
But it's the group that deserves the credit.
Without it we couldn't have had this productive conversation.
Good luck if you get the CraigCat!

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

Hey, that's what it's all about!

--Vic

MMC MMC is offline

wrote:

[...]

If I can break into the conversation, I'll just say they look like fun. Be a
good boat for someone without much space or a monster truck to tow it.