Tim Tim is offline

Default Nice Fair Weather "Boat" for two People

On Sep 13, 6:20*am, Vic Smith wrote:
CraigCat. *You can google it if interested.http://www.craigcat.com/
These get about 15mpg with a Merc 20hp moving 20mph.
Close to that anyway, from what I've read.
Top speed 30mph.
Probably get over 20mpg with a 5hp, but go slower.
Gas sipper, *Very light, expect to get wet.
But a cheap way to get on the water.
New prices seem high, so I suspect you can find deep discounts, or buy
used.
A couple guys took a 469 mile trip up Lake Michigan.http://www.craigcatlakemartin.com/469Mile.asp
Says they "encountered seas up to 12 feet."
Shouldn't that be "encountered lakes up to 12 feet?"
Since I can't fish sitting down all the time, maybe I could install
railings so I wouldn't take so many falls into the drink.
But I do like the thing, and it could work for me for light duty
Florida boating. *More practical than a PWC on gas.
It's very light.
Wayne might consider it for a tender.

--Vic

It looks cool, but kind of a one trick pony, I would think. Of course
the pic of the two chicks whizzing by on calm water is good for sales
(probably) But not too great when you get stuck out in a lake and wind
gusts bring up some chop.

seeing I'd like some wall between me and thewater I think I'll pass

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:05:36 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

I think its best use is fairly short sightseeing trips in calm waters.
For somebody who uses a boat for that, it's pretty neat.
When you think about actually fishing from it, some problems come to
mind.
Where do you put the livewell?
Exactly how do you go about releasing that 3-foot barracuda?
What about exposure to flying carp on the Illinois river?
How hard is it to cut bait with the cutting board on your lap?
That cutting board on my lap, sharp knife over my crotch thing is most
unsettling. But perhaps I'm too sensitive.

--Vic

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

You might have a "point" there, Vic.