Senior Member

Default Norelco Rotary Shaver Sharpening

On Sep 12, 1:32*pm, wrote:
On Sep 12, 1:09*pm, wrote:

On Sep 12, 12:57*pm, wrote:

On Sep 12, 12:14*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "

wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:13:11 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:53:20 -0600, "Canuck57"
wrote:

"JR North" wrote in message
I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.
JR
HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
I leave the shaver at home when I go fishing. *Wish the Chinese would knock
off Norelco, probably could improve it too.

They've knocked it off. WalMart sells a knock off for about $35. My last
Norelco lasted me more than 15 years, although the battery doesn't give as
many shaves as it used to. My kids bought me a new one for my birthday, so
I gave the old one to a brother. He'd never used an electric razor, and
couldn't believe how close it shaved.

Before I grew a beard, I shaved with a straight razor for more than
twenty years.. Cost me maybe a buck a year for soap. Had a J A Henkles
razor.

Casady

here is a great straight razor set that will make sure you have a sharp
blade for every day of the week. *Great for when you are traveling.

http://www.classicshaving.com/catalo...12/2061148.htm

You can save a bundle by not buying replaceable blades.- Hide quoted text -

With a little math, and even with my more costly Fusion blades, it'll
take about 15 years to get a return on my money, and that's without
factoring in interest.- Hide quoted text -

I have to woneder if the rotary sharpening method makes them better
than stock? Cause I have tred Norelco rotary razors, and they suck,
from the box... Also have tried Remington, and even Braun.. Both of
them were garbage too. The only constantly (I have owned two so far)
great shave is from a Panasonic Wet/Dry.. You don't need all the fancy
cleaners and such, but those just seem to be the only ones that can
give me a shave close enough to satisfy Mrs, JW and she is the
judge..

Really, next time you are out looking, try one. They are very hard to
find in traditional brick and mortar retail though, the last one I had
to buy on line, but it's well worth it.- Hide quoted text -

Which one?

http://www.101shavers.com/landing/ca...tml?cid=3....- Hide quoted text -

Mine is an 8078 8 but it looks like this is the same thing, pretty
much...

http://www.101shavers.com/related/10...s-ES8077S.html

mine is actually he

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES80.../dp/B00153UPKG

But again, they both seem to have the same head.

wrote:
"JR North" wrote in message
[...]

did you notice I was almost choking with my tongue in my cheek?

HK HK is offline

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

did you notice I was almost choking with my tongue in my cheek?

Too bad. Almost rarely is good enough.

Knife Sharpening, continued... Netsock General 0 February 23rd 06 03:56 PM
Knife Sharpening, continued... Reggie Smithers General 0 February 23rd 06 01:56 PM
Rotary Sails Gary Warner General 2 May 6th 04 02:30 AM
Rotary Sails Gary Warner Boat Building 2 May 6th 04 02:30 AM
rotary GJ Walsh Boat Building 0 January 29th 04 12:17 AM