Default Norelco Rotary Shaver Sharpening

I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.
JR
HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

On Sep 11, 2:21*am, JR North wrote:
I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.
JR
HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Very interesting, I'm going to give it a shot. I just can't ever
remember which model I have when I see the heads for sale.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:50:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 11, 2:21*am, JR North wrote:
I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.
JR
HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Very interesting, I'm going to give it a shot. I just can't ever
remember which model I have when I see the heads for sale.

Here's where I got my last set:

http://tinyurl.com/62xop8
--
John H.

On Sep 11, 9:16*am, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:50:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:21*am, JR North wrote:
I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.
JR
HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Very interesting, I'm going to give it a shot. I just can't ever
remember which model I have when I see the heads for sale.

Here's where I got my last set:

http://tinyurl.com/62xop8
--
John H.

I don't use my Norelco a whole lot, I prefer a razor, which by the
way, if you do too, try the Gillette Fusion. Costly for cartridges,
but man that thing will give you a barber shop like shave!

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:05:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 11, 9:16*am, John H. wrote:
[...]

Like you, I prefer a razor. But, unlike you I am basically too lazy to mess
with it. With the Norelco, I can shave while getting the coffee going,
getting dressed, letting the dog out, etc., and not worry about waking up
Mrs H.
--
John H.

HK HK is offline

John H. wrote:

Like you, I prefer a razor. But, unlike you I am basically too lazy to mess
with it. With the Norelco, I can shave while getting the coffee going,
getting dressed, letting the dog out, etc., and not worry about waking up
Mrs H.

Wow. Boat talk, right here in rec.boats.

"JR North" wrote in message
I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.
JR
HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

I leave the shaver at home when I go fishing. Wish the Chinese would knock
off Norelco, probably could improve it too.

HK HK is offline

John H. wrote:

They've knocked it off. WalMart sells a knock off for about $35. My last
Norelco lasted me more than 15 years, although the battery doesn't give as
many shaves as it used to. My kids bought me a new one for my birthday, so
I gave the old one to a brother. He'd never used an electric razor, and
couldn't believe how close it shaved.

What an improvement this sort of crap makes to rec.boats, eh?

"John H." wrote in message

They've knocked it off. WalMart sells a knock off for about $35. My last
Norelco lasted me more than 15 years, although the battery doesn't give as
many shaves as it used to. My kids bought me a new one for my birthday, so
I gave the old one to a brother. He'd never used an electric razor, and
couldn't believe how close it shaved.
--
John H.

You gave a 15 year old shaver to your brother?
Gross...... buy the man a new one...you can easily afford it on that
military pension.

Knife Sharpening, continued... Netsock General 0 February 23rd 06 03:56 PM
Knife Sharpening, continued... Reggie Smithers General 0 February 23rd 06 01:56 PM
Rotary Sails Gary Warner General 2 May 6th 04 02:30 AM
Rotary Sails Gary Warner Boat Building 2 May 6th 04 02:30 AM
rotary GJ Walsh Boat Building 0 January 29th 04 12:17 AM