HK HK is offline

Default OT- a viking funeral

Tim wrote:
On Sep 8, 10:49 pm, wrote:
On Sep 8, 11:36 pm, wrote:

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:50:29 GMT, "Steve"
wrote:
On 7-Sep-2008, wrote:
My older daughter was talking about funerals and asked if I had ever
considered where I wanted o be buried. I have no idea although the
scrubby cemetary on Cedar Key is to my liking. However, what I'd
really like is to have me put me in one of my little 12' MiniCup
sailboats, douse her with diesel, haul her out beyond the 3 mile limit
and set her alight. I bet it'd be illegal.
I bet it'd be illegal.
Use enough fuel and fertilizer to do it Islam style and they won't find
enough pieces to prosecute.
If you really want spectacle, fill an RIB (or just a rubber life raft)
with acetylene and oxygen at the right mix to burn blue.
Then you only need a tea cup of gasoline to get it going but you
better be able to light this puppy from pretty far away.
I know a crazy friend of mine set off a regular inner tube full in
Accokeek and brought the county cops from Clinton. (Md)
A 6" balloon sounds like a cherry bomb

Excellent idea, I forgot about that one.- Hide quoted text -

A 30-06 Spingfield or .303 british with phosphorus tracer would do the
trick,

250 yards no problem.

In this group? 25 feet might ensure a hit.

Default a viking funeral

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:41:28 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Sep 8, 6:50*pm, "Steve" wrote:

Use enough fuel and fertilizer to do it Islam style and they won't find
enough pieces to prosecute.

And it would also be quick and painless!

Here's a guy talking about dying and bombs. I wonder if he drives a truck.
Hell, I know some folks with names like Hussein and Abdul that would like
to meet him.

On Sep 8, 6:50*pm, "Steve" wrote:

Use enough fuel and fertilizer to do it Islam style and they won't find
enough pieces to prosecute.

And it would also be quick and painless!

Here's a guy talking about dying and bombs. I wonder if he drives a truck.
Hell, I know some folks with names like Hussein and Abdul that would like
to meet him.

You remove the drain plug from a planing hull boat and send it out on
autopilot. When it runs out of fuel and comes to a stop, it will then
start to flood through the transom drain. Maybe 200 miles out. Of
course it is simpler with a twenty something, as those in the teens
are required to have positive flotation when flooded. So ballast as
necessary, with sand or rock, until sinkable.

Casady

Casady

On 9-Sep-2008, John H wrote:

And it would also be quick and painless!

Here's a guy talking about dying and bombs. I wonder if he drives a truck.
Hell, I know some folks with names like Hussein and Abdul that would like
to meet him.

Hussein's busy ... running for president.

Richard Casady wrote:

A garbage bag of the stuff is plenty loud. Wear hearing protection,
and enjoy feeling the concussion all over your body. Adjust to what
they call a neutral flame, and then put the torch out by dipping it in
sand. It will burn under water, although lighting it there is tricky.

An ex co-worker who grew up on a chicken farm in rural
Pennsylvania told of doing exactly that. He claimed that a
large garbage bag of optimally mixed oxy-acetylene set off
remotely with a flash cube (remember those) took out windows
in his house from back by the barn. Neighbors from miles
around called to check if they were ok...

His dad later caught him ordering a weather balloon from
Edmund Scientific.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:51:08 -0700, -rick- wrote:

Richard Casady wrote:

A garbage bag of the stuff is plenty loud. Wear hearing protection,
and enjoy feeling the concussion all over your body. Adjust to what
they call a neutral flame, and then put the torch out by dipping it in
sand. It will burn under water, although lighting it there is tricky.

An ex co-worker who grew up on a chicken farm in rural
Pennsylvania told of doing exactly that. He claimed that a
large garbage bag of optimally mixed oxy-acetylene set off
remotely with a flash cube (remember those) took out windows
in his house from back by the barn. Neighbors from miles
around called to check if they were ok...

His dad later caught him ordering a weather balloon from
Edmund Scientific.

Heh. Edmund Scientific, the thinking man's Johnson-Smith!