Default First dude

"John H" wrote in message
news

I thought Obermann was an asshole. But, I also thought the "Tribute to
9/11
Victims" was a little overboard.

No argument. As adults, we can decide for ourselves and let it affect our
decision making.
Olbermann was working his personal agenda, like always, and that's not the
role of responsible reporting of real time events.

Commentary on his Countdown show would be appropriate. Stupid, but
appropriate.
But not while broadcasting the event.

Eisboch

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:47:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"D.Duck" wrote in message
news

BTW, Obama's moma was knocked up when she was 18 by a married guy.

Impressed ?

Shhhhh, that don't count.

Did anyone happen to be watching the RNC last night on MSNBC and catch that
poor excuse for a "journalist", Keith Olbermann holding back the crocodile
tears as he "apologized" for MSNBC's real-time broadcast of the RNC's video
tribute to 9/11?

He determined, unilaterally, that it was totally inappropriate for the RNC
to run the video and apologized to the viewers.

Mind you now .... this was not his regular "Countdown" show where he
regularly blasts away at Bush, Cheney and all things Republican. He was
supposed to be the anchor for the news coverage of the RNC.

What has happened to responsible reporting? Tonight, on his Countdown
show, that other left wing nutcase, Rachel Maddow, is sitting in for
Olbermann (she says he needed a well deserved day off). Maddow started
the show by accusing the RNC of deliberately timing the presentations at the
convention so there was no time in between them for political analysis, by
people like her, to dissect and provide their commentary/analysis. So, she
commenced to doing so tonight. Changed the channel. Too much.

Olbermann was whining about that last night. Something about the evil
ones not allowing enough time for him to "comment" between speeches.
I was flipping channels because some networks decided their talking
heads' comments were more important than specific convention speakers.
I found C-Span covered every speaker. Some weren't worth listening
to, but C-Span provide the freedom to choose for yourself.
I happened to be back at MSNBC when Rudy was talking, and he
apparently went over his scheduled time.
Olbermann's voice actually interrupted into his speech, as if he was
going to pre-empt it, but somebody must have pulled him off the mic.
Olbermann talks so much about O'Reilly that I just started watching
O'Reilly. Cut out the middleman so to speak.
I can hardly tolerate MSNBC any more unless they have some sensible
people in the mix.
Lots of bona fide nutcases there.
Every network for the days leading up to Palin's convention speech
constantly beat on McCain's judgement in picking her.
Not a peep since then, and no admission they had been entirely wrong.
Not a peep.
Oh, I heard Bay Buchanan accuse Campbell Brown of it, but Brown
arrogantly brushed her off.
I can't believe these jomocos have me agreeing with anything Bay says,
and watching O'Reilly, but they've done it.
As The World Turns and Never Say Never.

--Vic

Senior Member

"D.Duck" wrote in message
[...]

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

Obermann just sets off my "sissy" meter.. I can't stand guys like
that. And of course, he lies as much as our friend Wafa, so he is
pretty much useless..

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:47:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

What has happened to responsible reporting?

Walter Cronkite spends his summers in Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard.
He keeps his sailboat, Wyntje, docked in front of his fairly modest
house, modest by Edgartown standards anyway. It's not uncommon to see
him sailing through the harbor on a nice day.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:47:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

What has happened to responsible reporting?

Walter Cronkite spends his summers in Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard.
He keeps his sailboat, Wyntje, docked in front of his fairly modest
house, modest by Edgartown standards anyway. It's not uncommon to see
him sailing through the harbor on a nice day.

If I ever go over there again, I'll wave to him. Been to Oak Bluffs a few
times, but it's a zoo during the summer.
Right now would be an ideal time to visit the Vineyard. It's like someone
shut a boating switch off Labor Day weekend.
Even Kingman Yacht Center is quiet.

I love this time of year and it's when I spend the most time on the boat.
Nobody around, quiet and relaxing.
This weekend might be a little exciting though with the storm blowing
through. I'll be heading down there tomorrow morning, double up the lines
and hunker down for the blow. The boat is in a protected area in what is
called the "Back Basin", but it still gets a bit windy and the boats move
around a bit. I might grab a mooring out front, just for the heck of it,
unless it is blowing too hard by the time I get there. It's sometimes
difficult to get the bow up to the mooring buoy, then run down on the deck
and grab the line by yourself. We'll see.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 5, 7:47*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

news

BTW, Obama's moma was knocked up when she was 18 by a married guy.

poor excuse for a "journalist", *Keith Olbermann

And THAT was compliment to Keith, Richard.

"Tim" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 7:47 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

news

BTW, Obama's moma was knocked up when she was 18 by a married guy.

poor excuse for a "journalist", Keith Olbermann

And THAT was compliment to Keith, Richard.

Huh? I missed something.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Sep 5, 8:20*pm, WaIIy wrote:
On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:41:20 -0400, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Sarah Palin's husband recently offered up these quips during his first
exposure to the national media.

He has a sense of humor himself .....

"Is it me, or do things move very quickly around here?"

and,

"If I had a crystal ball a couple of *years ago, I might have asked a few
more questions when Sarah decided to join the PTA."

and,

"When my wife starts talking about reform, corruption and making the
government work for the people ..... it's just best to get out of the way."

Pretty cool dude, and no pansy, that's for sure.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...1&cl=9602920&c...

Eisboch

I'd be more impressed with him if he had spent time sufficient with his
children to teach them about birth control.

Too bad your mother didn't learn.

BTW, Obama's moma was knocked up when she was 18 by a married guy.

Impressed ?- Hide quoted text -

Why you racist *******!

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:37:30 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Sarah Palin's husband recently offered up these quips during his first
exposure to the national media.

He has a sense of humor himself .....

"Is it me, or do things move very quickly around here?"

and,

"If I had a crystal ball a couple of years ago, I might have asked a few
more questions when Sarah decided to join the PTA."

and,

"When my wife starts talking about reform, corruption and making the
government work for the people ..... it's just best to get out of the way."

Pretty cool dude, and no pansy, that's for sure.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26716&src=news

I like the whole family - seems like the quintessential American
experience with all it's warts and flaws.

Real life lived by real people.

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:37:30 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Sarah Palin's husband recently offered up these quips during his first
exposure to the national media.

He has a sense of humor himself .....

"Is it me, or do things move very quickly around here?"

and,

"If I had a crystal ball a couple of years ago, I might have asked a few
more questions when Sarah decided to join the PTA."

and,

"When my wife starts talking about reform, corruption and making the
government work for the people ..... it's just best to get out of the
way."

Pretty cool dude, and no pansy, that's for sure.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26716&src=news

I like the whole family - seems like the quintessential American
experience with all it's warts and flaws.

Real life lived by real people.

Sure, but they were did a lousy job of parenting by letting their daughter
get pregnant. Shame on them. NOT.

Dude!!!! Short Wave Sportfishing General 121 July 27th 08 05:49 PM
Hey Joe, no wonder the dude had to be resuced. Ellen MacArthur ASA 2 January 5th 07 05:35 PM
dumb try, dude JAXAshby ASA 2 March 14th 04 05:06 PM
Here you go, dude, sq rt w/pencil & paper JAXAshby ASA 10 March 14th 04 03:47 PM