Default A matter of honor

A friend has called me a "racist" over a political disagreement. I
intend to publicly call him a "scoundrel" thus provoking him to ask
for satisfaction. As the challenged, I will propose slide rules at 50
paces as neither of us knows squat about guns. Reading Wikipedia, I
see that the Southern Code Duello specifies that it be done on a
sandbar in a river which is very appropriate as we have been canoeing
partners. I need some appropriate suggestions for when our seconds
should call it off.

wrote in message
A friend has called me a "racist" over a political disagreement. I
intend to publicly call him a "scoundrel" thus provoking him to ask
for satisfaction. As the challenged, I will propose slide rules at 50
paces as neither of us knows squat about guns. Reading Wikipedia, I
see that the Southern Code Duello specifies that it be done on a
sandbar in a river which is very appropriate as we have been canoeing
partners. I need some appropriate suggestions for when our seconds
should call it off.

The way it used to work up here...it was over when one man was dead...or
seriously wounded.
scroll down to Richard John Uniacke:
http://www.courts.ns.ca/history/personalities.htm

On Sep 4, 12:00 am, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

A friend has called me a "racist" over a political disagreement. I
intend to publicly call him a "scoundrel" thus provoking him to ask
for satisfaction. As the challenged, I will propose slide rules at 50
paces as neither of us knows squat about guns. Reading Wikipedia, I
see that the Southern Code Duello specifies that it be done on a
sandbar in a river which is very appropriate as we have been canoeing
partners. I need some appropriate suggestions for when our seconds
should call it off.

The way it used to work up here...it was over when one man was dead...or
seriously wounded.
scroll down to Richard John Uniacke:http://www.courts.ns.ca/history/personalities.htm

with slide rules as weapons, maybe "mentally fatigued" would do
Senior Member

wrote in message

A friend has called me a "racist" over a political disagreement. *I
intend to publicly call him a "scoundrel" thus provoking him to ask
for satisfaction. *As the challenged, I will propose slide rules at 50
paces as neither of us knows squat about guns. *Reading Wikipedia, I
see that the Southern Code Duello specifies that it be done on a
sandbar in a river which is very appropriate as we have been canoeing
partners. *I need some appropriate suggestions for when our seconds
should *call it off.

The way it used to work up here...it was over when one man was dead...or
seriously wounded.
scroll down to Richard John Uniacke:http://www.courts.ns.ca/history/personalities.htm

with slide rules as weapons, maybe "mentally fatigued" would do- Hide quoted text -

I still say if he called you a racist, he is a moron, **** 'im.... or
bloody his nos and tell him to keep his stupid politics to himself and
paddle.

On Sep 4, 12:11 am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:48:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

A friend has called me a "racist" over a political disagreement. I
intend to publicly call him a "scoundrel" thus provoking him to ask
for satisfaction. As the challenged, I will propose slide rules at 50
paces as neither of us knows squat about guns. Reading Wikipedia, I
see that the Southern Code Duello specifies that it be done on a
sandbar in a river which is very appropriate as we have been canoeing
partners. I need some appropriate suggestions for when our seconds
should call it off.

Don't do the duel thing.
Threaten him with lawsuit and a deposition.
That'll shut him up, for sure.
If you do go the duel route, don't take a slide rule to a T-square
fight.

--Vic

Look, this guy is/was a friend of mine (and was my lawyer) and loyalty
keeps me from anything drastic. I just wanna jokingly show him he
screwed up.

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:11:42 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

If you do go the duel route, don't take a slide rule to a T-square
fight.

--Vic

LOL

Does experience really matter? Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 12th 08 05:36 PM
It Doesn't Matter Bobsprit ASA 0 September 10th 04 01:43 PM
why paddles matter - or do they? andrei General 19 November 25th 03 05:21 PM