Default A matter of honor

On Sep 4, 6:54 am, John H wrote:
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:11:42 -0500, Vic Smith

wrote:
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:48:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

A friend has called me a "racist" over a political disagreement. I
intend to publicly call him a "scoundrel" thus provoking him to ask
for satisfaction. As the challenged, I will propose slide rules at 50
paces as neither of us knows squat about guns. Reading Wikipedia, I
see that the Southern Code Duello specifies that it be done on a
sandbar in a river which is very appropriate as we have been canoeing
partners. I need some appropriate suggestions for when our seconds
should call it off.

Don't do the duel thing.
Threaten him with lawsuit and a deposition.
That'll shut him up, for sure.
If you do go the duel route, don't take a slide rule to a T-square
fight.

--Vic

That was good!

but, but, I have a circular slide rule.................

Does experience really matter? Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 12th 08 05:36 PM
It Doesn't Matter Bobsprit ASA 0 September 10th 04 01:43 PM
why paddles matter - or do they? andrei General 19 November 25th 03 05:21 PM