Default A general question

This issue has arisen before but I dropped it.

A friend of mine sends political e-mails to a list of about 30
people. I rarely reply. However, lately some of them have been very
sleazy to my way of thinking so I have decided to "Reply All". He
does not want me to "reply all" but to just send replies to him. The
sleaziness of the latest e-mails has made me decide that "reply All"
is appropriate. He has decided to take me off the list which I think
is his right. However, he has the right but what would you think of
this person? I believe he is not taking responsibility for what he
says and I think he is behaving in a cowardly manner although I have
not said so.
To my way of thinking, his political posts which are kinda leftish are
similar to the person who privately to his friends uses the N word and
acts racist but acts politically correct in public. He is a local
attorney and official in the local Dem party as are some people on his
e-mail list. I believe he is afraid that my replies may cause
political problems for him. I hate to lose a friend over politics
but ..........
What do you think?

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:03:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

He should send his messages as a BCC to everyone on his list if he
wants to prevent "reply all" responses. You have every right to "reply
all" just as he has every right to take you off his list.

If you want to keep getting the emails, then do as he wishes.
Otherwise, you should ASK to be taken off the list if it's such a a
problem for you.

[...]

Screw him. If he can't let a reply be seen by all, then he shouldn't be
sending the emails to all.

Give him Harry's address ). That'll add some
back-patting to his leftist crap.

On Sep 3, 1:33 pm, John H wrote:
[...]

I really do not want to be taken off his list because much of what he
sends is humorous and even most political stuff is ok even though I
disagree. Quite frankly I simply do not understand his attitude in
not wanting any response unless he is afraid of the consequences of my

http://tinyurl.com/o42at

On Sep 3, 1:36 pm, wrote:
On Sep 3, 1:33 pm, John H wrote:

[...]

The last time him and I discussed this he said that what he send is
"Just stuff people send him that he thinks will be of interest".
Often this is true but much of the political stuff is not like that,
it is clearly slanted toward a specific party. Even that is ok but
sleaze for political purposes is problematic for me. I let it go last
time because I did not want to cause a rift among a circle of friends.
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 3, 12:40*pm, wrote:
On Sep 3, 1:36 pm, wrote:

On Sep 3, 1:33 pm, John H wrote:

[...]

time because I did not want to cause a rift among a circle of friends.- Hide quoted text -

Just ignore the e mails.

I delete about 30 a day because a couple friends of mine like to send
"little cutsie" stuff. to the point I just knock the emails out.
HK HK is offline

Herring used to send me his bull**** by email and "PM."

wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:33:45 -0400, John H wrote:

Screw him. If he can't let a reply be seen by all, then he shouldn't be
sending the emails to all.

Give him Harry's address ). That'll add some
back-patting to his leftist crap.

http://tinyurl.com/o42at

~~ Snerk ~~

General observation... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 4 July 7th 08 03:59 AM
General Pace is Right Jeff ASA 25 March 16th 07 06:09 PM
General Pace is Right Maxprop ASA 0 March 14th 07 04:00 PM
Surveyors (in general) Skip Gundlach Boat Building 2 January 15th 04 05:31 AM
Surveyors (in general) Skip Gundlach Cruising 4 January 15th 04 05:31 AM