HK HK is offline

Default A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary

Biden, Obama a Comfortable Fit on the Campaign Trail

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, September 1, 2008; A22

TOLEDO, Aug. 31 -- Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. was warming up a crowd at a
town hall meeting Sunday morning when a woman shouted, "You are gorgeous!"

"I haven't heard that in a long, long, long time," responded Barack
Obama's new running mate. "And hanging around this lean, young-looking
guy is making me feel pretty old, you know what I mean?"

The audience cracked up, and so did Obama. When it was his turn to
speak, a woman called out for Biden and Obama quipped, "See, she thinks
you're gorgeous, too, Joe."

--snip--

This is exactly the reaction my wife and several of her friends have to
to Joe Biden: gorgeous.

Someone please explain this to me. :)

Senior Member

On Sep 1, 9:10*am, hk wrote:
Biden, Obama a Comfortable Fit on the Campaign Trail

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, September 1, 2008; A22

TOLEDO, Aug. 31 -- Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. was warming up a crowd at a
town hall meeting Sunday morning when a woman shouted, "You are gorgeous!"

"I haven't heard that in a long, long, long time," responded Barack
Obama's new running mate. "And hanging around this lean, young-looking
guy is making me feel pretty old, you know what I mean?"

The audience cracked up, and so did Obama. When it was his turn to
speak, a woman called out for Biden and Obama quipped, "See, she thinks
you're gorgeous, too, Joe."

--snip--

This is exactly the reaction my wife and several of her friends have to
* to Joe Biden: gorgeous.

Someone please explain this to me. *:)

Harrytales? Lobsta' boats?? Fanatics who will say anything...

On Sep 1, 9:35*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 1, 9:10 am, hk wrote:
[...]

Drool on.

BTW, when are you going to post the video of you being shoved down the
stairs by the cops?- Hide quoted text -

When you show evidence of your alleged lobster boat.
Tim Tim is offline

"A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary..."

How To Save the Government $5 Million

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he
is 80 years old.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen. McCain
would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two
terms as president. Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after
two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect
McCain in November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???

HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
"A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary..."

How To Save the Government $5 Million

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he
is 80 years old.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen. McCain
would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two
terms as president. Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after
two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect
McCain in November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???

Are you saying there is no widow's benefit for a dead president?
If so, I think you are wrong. Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 1, 10:20*am, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
"A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary..."

* * * * How To Save the Government $5 Million

* * * * A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he
is 80 years old.

* * * * Assuming the next president lives to age 80. *Sen. McCain
would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two
terms as president. *Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after
two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

* * * * Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect
McCain in November.

* * * * How's that for non partisan thinking???

Are you saying there is no widow's benefit for a dead president?
If so, I think you are wrong. Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!- Hide quoted text -

"Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!.."

As if there was anything wrong with that.

HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Sep 1, 10:20 am, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
"A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary..."
How To Save the Government $5 Million
A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he
is 80 years old.
Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen. McCain
would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two
terms as president. Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after
two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.
Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect
McCain in November.
How's that for non partisan thinking???

Are you saying there is no widow's benefit for a dead president?
If so, I think you are wrong. Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!- Hide quoted text -

"Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!.."

As if there was anything wrong with that.

Certainly; perhaps she can buy some foreclosed properties, eh?
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 1, 10:26*am, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Sep 1, 10:20 am, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
"A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary..."
* * * * How To Save the Government $5 Million
* * * * A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he
is 80 years old.
* * * * Assuming the next president lives to age 80. *Sen. McCain
would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two
terms as president. *Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after
two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.
* * * * Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect
McCain in November.
* * * * How's that for non partisan thinking???
Are you saying there is no widow's benefit for a dead president?
If so, I think you are wrong. Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!- Hide quoted text -

"Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!.."

As if there was anything wrong with that.

Certainly; perhaps she can buy some foreclosed properties, eh?- Hide quoted text -

Or, maybe the Parker family.....

?: )

hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
"A really interestingly funny non-partisan commentary..."

How To Save the Government $5 Million

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he
is 80 years old.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen. McCain
would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two
terms as president. Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after
two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect
McCain in November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???

Are you saying there is no widow's benefit for a dead president?
If so, I think you are wrong. Just think: Cindy could buy more real estate!

Weren't you bragging about how you had a major share of your investments
tied up on real estate?