Jim

Default ( OT ) Corruption and the presidency (non partisan)

All presidents take the following oath, complete with one hand on the
Bible and the other upraised, when they are inaugurated into office:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the
President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability,
preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

And virtually all presidents have violated this oath. This includes
breaking the Constitution, egregiously failing to defend the
Constitution, and breaking the Congressional laws that the Constitution
requires the president to enforce. Here is a list of examples:

Ronald Reagan and George Bush: Sold arms to terrorists, laundered the
money illegally, and used the funds to run an illegal war in Central
America.

Gerald Ford: Pardoned Richard Nixon, allowing one of the greatest
violators of the constitution in history to go unpunished.

Richard Nixon: Watergate. Included using the CIA, FBI and IRS to
persecute his enemies, illegal campaign contributions, money laundering,
infiltration and disruption of opponent’s campaigns, goon squads, slush
funds… and that’s before the cover-ups.

Lyndon Johnson: Fabricated the Gulf of Tonkin incident, which justified
military escalation in Vietnam.

John F. Kennedy: Authorized the assassination of Ngo Dinh Diem, an ally.

Dwight Eisenhower: Allied himself with Joe McCarthy both before and
during McCarthyism, afraid of drawing McCarthy’s wrath. McCarthy, of
course, launched a broad attack on the constitutional rights of hundreds
of innocent Americans.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Illegally initiated the Lend-Lease Act.

Warren Harding: Almost universally regarded as the most corrupt U.S.
president in history.

And every president from Eisenhower to Nixon illegally used the CIA to
spy on American citizens, something prohibited by Congress. These
presidents were not merely trying to defend against communism, but were
using the CIA's domestic operations for their own political ends. For
example, Operation Chaos, which lasted 15 years, infiltrated, spied upon
and disrupted student organizations exercising their constitutional
right to protest the Vietnam War.

So what name is conspicuously absent from the above list?

Calif Bill

"Jim" wrote in message

[...]

Just because you conviently forgot. Using IRS to target his enemies.
Having hundreds of FBI files on his opponents. John Dean went to jail for
have only 1 file. You want to get your rememberer cranked up to list the
rest of the law breaking?

Jim

Calif Bill wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

[...]

Funny thing -- I was thinking Carter -- I should have mentioned that
this came from an article defending Clinton vintage 199?

Calif Bill

"Jim" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

[...]

Carter is a very good person. Was a terrible President. And this is a
person who is involved with Habitat For Humanity and is an admirer of Carter
for this part of his life.

thunder

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:20:02 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Carter is a very good person. Was a terrible President. And this is a
person who is involved with Habitat For Humanity and is an admirer of
Carter for this part of his life.

Definitely a good person, and I would say his Presidency is looking better
with age. He did have some successes, the Camp David Accords, and if we
had followed his energy programs:

http://www.faultline.org/news/2001/1...ependence.html

Calif Bill

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:20:02 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Carter is a very good person. Was a terrible President. And this is a
person who is involved with Habitat For Humanity and is an admirer of
Carter for this part of his life.

Definitely a good person, and I would say his Presidency is looking better
with age. He did have some successes, the Camp David Accords, and if we
had followed his energy programs:

http://www.faultline.org/news/2001/1...ependence.html

Yup, those accords have brought a measure of peace to the Middle East.