Senior Member

Default Rejected at the other place..;) Boating post...

On Aug 22, 9:21*pm, John H. salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:00:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 22, 8:41*pm, John H. salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:37:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
Why this was rejected, I don't know, the keyword it noted, is not in
the post.... *Anyway, here is my attempt to bring things back into
perspective.. Trolls and posers will be ignored..

SNIP
First off, I need to apologize for not sticking to it in the first
place.. Anyway, one poster suggested I don't know anything because I
question Tolmanns' decision to call his boat a "stitch and tape". I
will note that the whole quote was more "stitch and tape, OR composite
type".. Toleman was doing what a lot of modern plan builders do, using
familiar terms the prospective "non boat builder", builder will
understand. The Toleman for instance calls for one area to be
stitched, but it is certainly not a stitch and tape boat, it is a
composite, skin on frame. IIRC the frame of *chines, stringers, *and
bulkheads. *Many times we use more familiar terms.. I don't call a
Gunnels, a shear strake, I don't call a seat, a thwart, I don't use
terms like "get out the wood"...It would just server to confuse a
newb, and for no productive reason, save ego in this day and age..
Toleman uses terms that folks won't have to go look up, and calling a
s+t boat, a composite, or vice versa, is no big deal, and not really
all that far off. To suggest because someone knows the difference and
though it might be useful in the context of a boating forum...

Stitch and tape boats are typically self jigging, and built with
precut and sized parts. Using tools such as a Spanish Windlass and
pulling the parts together, form the shape. They gain their strength
via a false "frame" which is created at the intersection of curved
laminate, adhered
against each others angles, creating very strong and stable joints. If
engineered properly, they are stable in all directions and are usually
made *with resin and glass. The biggest difference between
stitch and tape, and skin on frame is, on a skin on frame, wood or
another material create a frame, the skins are bent around them. With
S+T the frame itself is created by the strength created at the
intersections of the curved laminate sheets..

I remember when I was a kid, some add that had a Volkswagen sitting on
a simple sheet of curved plywood. A very slight curve in a laminate
created a huge amount of structure, but you all knew that...

UNSNIP

The keyword that was noted was "liar" but I don't see where it got
that... Have fun, trolls will be ignored...

I don't know what you are apologizing for. * The boats you build are well
beyond the capabilities of the majority of us.

Your skin is too thin, my friend.

Eisboch

I think he was apologizing for letting Harry's negative comments get to
him.

From what I've seen, he does some beautiful work.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, and thanks.. yep, letting the comments.. etc.. I love the
concept of real stitch and tape. One of the best examples is the
method of construction of my little joe pram. It is designed to mock
the characteristics of a Dow, but weighs in at a mere 55 pounds. The
floor is formed by two preshaped sheets laid on top of each other and
stitched together along the keel then opened like a book. When opened
up to the right angle,it forms the bottom and created a very strong
bow section. With the precut sides, bow and transom stitched in place,
the hull takes perfect shape with no frame at all... I usually use a
chunk of 2x2 across midships to hold it in place while you tape the
seams..

You should make your web site part of your signature, if possible. That way
when you mention a boat, one could go look at it. Just an idea.- Hide quoted text -

OK... http://www.idesigns.net...;)
HK HK is offline

wrote in message
[...]
From what I've seen, he does some beautiful work.- Hide quoted text -
[...]

You're posting over at the other place? I thought the moderator was
deleting everything posted there...?

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:16:28 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

seams..

You should make your web site part of your signature, if possible. That way
when you mention a boat, one could go look at it. Just an idea.- Hide quoted text -

OK...
http://www.idesigns.net...;)

Uh, that didn't work, for me.
Senior Member

On Aug 23, 12:20*pm, hk wrote:

You're posting over at the other place? I thought the moderator was
deleting everything posted there?

And I thought you were going to show us a picture of one of the many
boats you have built.. This is a thread about modern wood composite
boats, not lame 50 year old design hulls, with no character, and lazy
aesthetics, splashed in puke colored plastic.

Senior Member

On Aug 23, 2:20*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
On Aug 23, 12:20 pm, hk wrote:

You're posting over at the other place? I thought the moderator was
deleting everything posted there?

And I thought you were going to show us a picture of one of the many
boats you have built.. * *This is a thread about modern wood composite
boats, not lame 50 year old design hulls, with no character, and lazy
aesthetics, splashed in puke colored plastic.

I looked at the header, and it said "Rejected at the other place," not
"modern wood composite boats."

Anyway, I was wondering what happened to your post over there, since when
I looked, it didn't seem to be there.

"Brownie" is doing one heck of a job moderating, eh?

I'd love to see you call him "Brownie" in person.

http://www.image-insolite.com/getite...ge_animaux/pet....

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

That was a great picture.. but "The Mouse" has requested a word with
Harry:

http://rowdymouseracing.com/media/justaword.MOV

Since you got things rolling...
Senior Member

On Aug 23, 2:39*pm, hk wrote:

On Aug 23, 2:20 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

m...

wrote:
On Aug 23, 12:20 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

If that's your kid, I can see she'll be as successful in life as her daddy.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, your idea of success is not important to most here.. Anyway, at
5'2" she would look you straight in the eye, and check out the guns..
she would kick your fat little ass. Anyway, here are some more pics of
kids being forced to do dangerous tricks by parents with whips and
belts..

This one is titled.. "Look ma, er, um, no don't look":
http://rowdymouseracing.com/media/lookma.MOV

Here is another poor child, dragged kicking and screaming to the track
by his mom...
http://rowdymouseracing.com/media/sidesadle4.MOV

And here is the Mouse and friends, just tryin' hanging around getting
in trouble on a friday night:
http://rowdymouseracing.com/media/lookma2.MOV

More to come.. I got video of "Tiny Mouse" on his yammi and a cool set
of training wheels..

Later RMR..

Boating post. Calif Bill General 0 August 28th 07 06:50 AM
A boating post. Bill McKee General 13 November 9th 05 06:23 PM
If you post non boating Florida Keyz General 15 June 28th 04 03:44 AM
An Actual Boating Post Drew Shuller General 1 April 28th 04 02:36 PM
Another on-topic boating post Harry Krause General 5 October 27th 03 08:23 PM