Default truce

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:38:05 -0400, hk wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
I suppose intellectual curiosity is what separates us Yankees from you
rednecks. We have it, and you don't.

Harry, if it weren't for rednecks, you would have nothing to talk about.

Eisboch

I lived among real rednecks in West Virginia for about a year, and found
most of them to be a lot smarter than the rednecks who post here. One of
them was a genuine Hatfield who happened to be one of the smartest
fellows I've ever known. He was the managing editor of the best Sunday
newspaper in the state. At the other end of the evolutionary scale, we
had a local radio personality who called himself "the Wayne County
whippoorwill." Yes, he used his voice to make animal noises on his radio
show. He was so taken with himself, he ran for Congress and got
thrashed by the local escapee from the Princeton think tanks, Ken
Hechler, an absolutely wonderful guy who represented his district for
many years and later became West Virginia secretary of state.

Later in life, I spent about six years living in NE Florida, and many of
the rednecks I encountered there were the same sort of brain-dead
schitts as, for example, Loogy. But certainly not all of the rednecks I
met in Florida were as dumb as a post.

All I can say is that it must be swell to have done everything there is to
do in life. But, I suppose it could be boring having nothing new to look
forward to.