Default Stone crabs

Last year my 21 yr old daughter went with her BF to the Tampa area and
went out with em to haul stone crab traps. She has been talking about
me putting out stone crab traps. I find that I can legally put out 5
of them but am not sure where to put em. My neighbor this afternoon
said "Put em in the channel where everybody else does" but I'd prefer
a real answer. Google has not been my friend on this. How deep
should they be? Do the Stone Crabs prefer a particular type of bottom?
Senior Member

On Aug 10, 9:57*pm, wrote:
Last year my 21 yr old daughter went with her BF to the Tampa area and
went out with em to haul stone crab traps. *She has been talking about
me putting out stone crab traps. *I find that I can legally put out 5
of them but am not sure where to put em. *My neighbor this afternoon
said "Put em in the channel where everybody else does" but I'd prefer
a real answer. *Google has not been my friend on this. *How deep
should they be? *Do the Stone Crabs prefer a particular type of bottom?

What kind of bottom did you pull them out of? Rock, structure, sand,
moving water?

You can be safe, and still wind up with crabs! [email protected] General 1 December 21st 05 05:02 AM
I got crabs The Bill Rodgers General 0 August 28th 05 06:31 PM
Stepping stone Capt. Neal® ASA 4 December 1st 04 02:00 AM
I never had a rat, thought I did...It was crabs on the hull MLapla4120 Cruising 2 August 17th 04 01:33 AM