[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Stone crabs

On Aug 10, 9:57*pm, wrote:
Last year my 21 yr old daughter went with her BF to the Tampa area and
went out with em to haul stone crab traps. *She has been talking about
me putting out stone crab traps. *I find that I can legally put out 5
of them but am not sure where to put em. *My neighbor this afternoon
said "Put em in the channel where everybody else does" but I'd prefer
a real answer. *Google has not been my friend on this. *How deep
should they be? *Do the Stone Crabs prefer a particular type of bottom?

What kind of bottom did you pull them out of? Rock, structure, sand,
moving water?