Default Junk Floats

Is anybody still following that junk raft floating across the Pacific?
I just checked their website and they haven't fallen apart yet, still at
it. Looks like it's taking them a little longer than they thought, and
they are running low on chow.

http://junkraft.blogspot.com/

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 00:40:13 -0400, Bill H wrote:

Is anybody still following that junk raft floating across the Pacific?
I just checked their website and they haven't fallen apart yet, still at
it. Looks like it's taking them a little longer than they thought, and
they are running low on chow.

http://junkraft.blogspot.com/

It's been done. I have seen Kon Tiki in an Oslo museum. [They sold so
many copies of the book that it is still readily found in the thrift
shops.]

Casady

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 00:40:13 -0400, Bill H wrote:

Is anybody still following that junk raft floating across the Pacific?
I just checked their website and they haven't fallen apart yet, still at
it. Looks like it's taking them a little longer than they thought, and
they are running low on chow.

http://junkraft.blogspot.com/

It's been done. I have seen Kon Tiki in an Oslo museum. [They sold so
many copies of the book that it is still readily found in the thrift
shops.]

Casady

Yea, I read about the Kon Tiki thingy way way back. Still, I think this
is an interesting adventure. I look in on these guys blog every now and
then (when I think about it) just to see if they're afloat or treading
water.

There was a kid about a month back that left Californicate in an attempt
to sail solo around the world, but I don't recall his blog site. We
chatted briefly about him here. Anyone know if he's still on task?

In article ,
says...
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

Zac Sunderland
http://www.zacsunderland.com/index.html

Looks like he left Majuro, Marshall Islands yesterday and is on his way
to Darwin via The Solomons and Port Moresby.

Scott

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:53:42 -0400, Bill H wrote:

There was a kid about a month back that left Californicate in an attempt
to sail solo around the world, but I don't recall his blog site. We
chatted briefly about him here. Anyone know if he's still on task?

He was, at least up until recently. I don't know if he has his own
website/blog.

http://www.pacificmagazine.net/news/...ican-teen-zac-
sunderland-makes-it-to-majuro-on-solo-voyage

Junk floats Bill H General 10 June 22nd 08 04:26 PM
Lobster Pot floats and toggles Cap'n Ric Cruising 14 June 19th 06 01:47 AM
Turning a Trimaran's Floats into Water Ballast Tanks ? [email protected] Cruising 9 November 26th 05 03:53 PM
building pontoon - buying floats mrcomp_ca Boat Building 7 July 14th 05 03:28 PM
Canoe Floats and Paddle questions Richard Ferguson Touring 3 March 12th 04 05:21 AM