Bill H Bill H is offline

Default Junk Floats

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 00:40:13 -0400, Bill H wrote:

Is anybody still following that junk raft floating across the Pacific?
I just checked their website and they haven't fallen apart yet, still at
it. Looks like it's taking them a little longer than they thought, and
they are running low on chow.

http://junkraft.blogspot.com/

It's been done. I have seen Kon Tiki in an Oslo museum. [They sold so
many copies of the book that it is still readily found in the thrift
shops.]

Casady

Yea, I read about the Kon Tiki thingy way way back. Still, I think this
is an interesting adventure. I look in on these guys blog every now and
then (when I think about it) just to see if they're afloat or treading
water.

There was a kid about a month back that left Californicate in an attempt
to sail solo around the world, but I don't recall his blog site. We
chatted briefly about him here. Anyone know if he's still on task?