Default Alternative Energy

Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Eisboch

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:54:22 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Yeah - I was reading an article about it the other day. MIT is
working on an adaptation of this system to increase the effectiveness
of photocells so they can work on cloudy days with infrared energy.

The interesting thing is that both systems produce lipids as part of
the process.

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:54:22 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Yeah - I was reading an article about it the other day. MIT is
working on an adaptation of this system to increase the effectiveness
of photocells so they can work on cloudy days with infrared energy.

The interesting thing is that both systems produce lipids as part of
the process.

Shades of Soylent Green ;)

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:54:22 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Yeah - I was reading an article about it the other day. MIT is
working on an adaptation of this system to increase the effectiveness
of photocells so they can work on cloudy days with infrared energy.

The interesting thing is that both systems produce lipids as part of
the process.

Shades of Soylent Green ;)

Heh ... that crossed my mind as well, and I hadn't thought about that movie
in years.

Eisboch

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:44:39 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
om...

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:54:22 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Yeah - I was reading an article about it the other day. MIT is
working on an adaptation of this system to increase the effectiveness
of photocells so they can work on cloudy days with infrared energy.

The interesting thing is that both systems produce lipids as part of
the process.

Shades of Soylent Green ;)

Heh ... that crossed my mind as well, and I hadn't thought about that movie
in years.

Soylent Green is People!!!

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news:sNudnfJL8YG0PArVnZ2dnUVZ_hmdnZ2d@earthlink. com...

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:54:22 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Yeah - I was reading an article about it the other day. MIT is
working on an adaptation of this system to increase the effectiveness
of photocells so they can work on cloudy days with infrared energy.

The interesting thing is that both systems produce lipids as part of
the process.

Shades of Soylent Green ;)

Heh ... that crossed my mind as well, and I hadn't thought about that
movie
in years.

Soylent Green is People!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NvLkBA9vsQ

Maybe they used the people as the food for the alga.

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Eisboch

I read a piece earlier this year in the Washington Post that seemed very
similar. I think the technique is called algaculture. If it is really
viable, I'd like to see it developed and brought to market in public
universities via federal and state funding, with the people owning the
patents and technologies.

John McCain - Same old Dubya, just a lot older.

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Eisboch

I read a piece earlier this year in the Washington Post that seemed very
similar. I think the technique is called algaculture. If it is really
viable, I'd like to see it developed and brought to market in public
universities via federal and state funding, with the people owning the
patents and technologies.

Too late for these guys. It's a public corporation, based in Vancouver,
B.C.
Imagine .... corporations researching and developing solutions to our energy
requirements.

What's your middle name anyway .... Marx? :-)

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Eisboch

I read a piece earlier this year in the Washington Post that seemed very
similar. I think the technique is called algaculture. If it is really
viable, I'd like to see it developed and brought to market in public
universities via federal and state funding, with the people owning the
patents and technologies.

Too late for these guys. It's a public corporation, based in Vancouver,
B.C.
Imagine .... corporations researching and developing solutions to our
energy requirements.

What's your middle name anyway .... Marx? :-)

Eisboch

Those pesky corporations...

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Has anyone else heard of this? I found it to be very interesting,
especially the last comment made by the speaker:

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/...gro/index.html

Eisboch

I read a piece earlier this year in the Washington Post that seemed very
similar. I think the technique is called algaculture. If it is really
viable, I'd like to see it developed and brought to market in public
universities via federal and state funding, with the people owning the
patents and technologies.

Too late for these guys. It's a public corporation, based in Vancouver,
B.C.
Imagine .... corporations researching and developing solutions to our energy
requirements.

What's your middle name anyway .... Marx? :-)

Eisboch

There's plenty of research in that field.

Market Barriers To Alternative Energy ellis gibb General 2 July 4th 08 03:15 PM
Energy drinks Drew Cutter General 13 May 9th 05 06:33 PM
Alternative Energy for Refrigeration Richard Kollmann Cruising 2 October 28th 04 02:14 AM
energy policy bb General 29 May 26th 04 06:25 PM