Default Market Barriers To Alternative Energy

Alternative fuels are our future. On this topic there is very little
argument. We, as nations, cannot continue on the path we have been on
if our future generations are to have a planet and infrastructure to
sustain life and happiness as we have known it. Future generations
will be dictated from what we do right now and over the next 2-3
years. We don't have the luxury of studying it anymore. In order for
alternative fuels like bio or hydrogen fuel cells to become
commercially viable we need a market.
In order to have a market we must have a buyer and a manufacturing
agent that provides a product. With fuel based products there is one
more key ingredient. The infrastructure throughout the supply chain.
So what is this you ask? The infrastructure is both the pumping
stations and the physical plants to produce the products. Then you
need the unique suppliers who build the parts unique to the new tanks
both in the vehicles and in the ground or where ever the fuel is
stored at the delivery station. So, how do we get there? Well, big
business would say they don't see a buyer or thus a market to invest
in the plants and tooling needed to produce the fuels. The buying
public would hold off buying a product that is bleeding edge and thus
limited support once they drive it off the lot of their auto
dealership locally. In addition, its one thing to buy it it's a whole
other question to answer as to where to re-fuel the tank which leads
us to the true market barrier in our opinion....

http://groups.google.com/group/waterforfueld

On Jul 2, 3:56*am, ellis gibb wrote:
Alternative fuels are our future. On this topic there is very little
argument. We, as nations, cannot continue on the path we have been on
if our future generations are to have a planet and infrastructure to
sustain life and happiness as we have known it. Future generations
will be dictated from what we do right now and over the next 2-3
years. We don't have the luxury of studying it anymore. In order for
alternative fuels like bio or hydrogen fuel cells to become
commercially viable we need a market.

The laws of economics take care of this very well if not molested by
politicians. As the price of traditional energy grows the viability of
the alternative becomes more attractive. Once the price of gas hits
the point where there is money to be made on alternatives you will not
be able to stop people and companies from running over each other
racing to provide it. There will be a new gold rush with billions of
dollars to be made in alternative energy; we just need to wait until
the cost becomes viable vs. the cost of traditional fuels. You can
pour billions and billions of gov't dollars into a search for
alternatives but none will do anything until its price competitive. At
that point the market will rush past any gov't research anyway.

-Robert, MBA

Energy drinks Drew Cutter General 13 May 9th 05 06:33 PM
Alternative Energy for Refrigeration Richard Kollmann Cruising 2 October 28th 04 02:14 AM
energy policy bb General 29 May 26th 04 06:25 PM
OT - Towards Energy Independence Harry Krause General 53 October 29th 03 11:56 AM