Default Good News For Boaters

I received this email this morning:

==================================

Dear BoatU.S. Member,

Thanks to some great teamwork, the threat of a new EPA discharge
permit for all your boats is gone!

On Tuesday night, President Bush signed into law "The Clean
Boating Act of 2008," which gives recreational boats a permanent
exemption for the court imposed EPA discharge permit.

I thank each of you for helping create this victory for boating.
Every time we asked for your help, you were there to push the
legislation further down the path towards successful passage. You
contacted your Members of Congress and helped them understand the
importance of boating in your life. And Congress heard the loud
voices of tens of thousands of boaters! Nice work!

Enjoy the rest of the summer on the water!

Margaret Podlich
Vice President of Government Affairs
BoatU.S.

For more information on this topic please visit
www.boatus.com/gov.

Senior Member

On Aug 1, 11:54*am, JimH wrote:
[...]

* *
*For more information on this topic please visit * *www.boatus.com/gov.

Everyone it trying to take credit. Boat US, at another small group I
visit once in a while, a guy asked out loud if anyone had mentioned
them when passing around kudos On another note, Chuck G was on top
of this for a long time, that's where I was getting my info. Iirc, he
did an article on it a few weeks back that was published. I don't know
the circulation of the publication, but it only takes a vote or two to
get a vote passed in DC.. If he helped deliver a state or two, more
positive karma to him

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:06:09 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 1, 11:54*am, JimH wrote:
[...]

It took Boat US a couple days to get the word out. Having Chuck G. here
gave us an early shot.