Default Exhaust Manifold Time For Cruis,n Rulz!

So, after I got home from July 4th cruising, I flushed the engine on the
muffs. Shut it off and went to restart about 30 min later. Hydrolock.
Pulled the plugs, and sure enough-clear water out of several cyls. The
starter sounds like a garbage truck now also. ****.
I should consider myself lucky-this is only the second set of manifolds
in 18 years, 95% salt water, due to careful and thorough flushing.
I found the best deal on manifold/riser kit he (free shipping)

http://stores.ebay.com/Doug-Russell-Marine

and cheap price on NEW Marine starter for Mercruiser 5.0 he

http://stores.ebay.com/Rareelectrical

and, lowest cost on exhaust boots (I'm doing the whole thing here...)

http://www.go2marine.com/

No affiliations...

I pulled the manifolds last night, and squirted about 30cc ATF into the
cylinders and cranked it through. Because I applied anti-seize compound
to the manifold and riser bolts on the last job (1996) all the bolts
came right out. In fact, after loosening, they could be screwed out by
fingers. I don't have any such hope for the starter bolts-they're
original and I'm dreading pulling the starter tonight.

JR

Oh, yeah, just to make the post palatable for the pocket-pool scum he
OBAMA SUCKS!!!
HK HK is offline

JR North wrote:
[...]

I'm sure the pocket pool scum on the far right appreciated that, JR.

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:40:47 -0700, JR North
wrote:

I pulled the manifolds last night, and squirted about 30cc ATF into the
cylinders and cranked it through. Because I applied anti-seize compound
to the manifold and riser bolts on the last job (1996) all the bolts
came right out.

Here in south Florida risers and manifolds need to be replaced every 4
or 5 years, even with diligent flushing.