HK HK is offline

Default Exhaust Manifold Time For Cruis,n Rulz!

JR North wrote:
So, after I got home from July 4th cruising, I flushed the engine on the
muffs. Shut it off and went to restart about 30 min later. Hydrolock.
Pulled the plugs, and sure enough-clear water out of several cyls. The
starter sounds like a garbage truck now also. ****.
I should consider myself lucky-this is only the second set of manifolds
in 18 years, 95% salt water, due to careful and thorough flushing.
I found the best deal on manifold/riser kit he (free shipping)

http://stores.ebay.com/Doug-Russell-Marine

and cheap price on NEW Marine starter for Mercruiser 5.0 he

http://stores.ebay.com/Rareelectrical

and, lowest cost on exhaust boots (I'm doing the whole thing here...)

http://www.go2marine.com/

No affiliations...

I pulled the manifolds last night, and squirted about 30cc ATF into the
cylinders and cranked it through. Because I applied anti-seize compound
to the manifold and riser bolts on the last job (1996) all the bolts
came right out. In fact, after loosening, they could be screwed out by
fingers. I don't have any such hope for the starter bolts-they're
original and I'm dreading pulling the starter tonight.

JR

Oh, yeah, just to make the post palatable for the pocket-pool scum he
OBAMA SUCKS!!!

I'm sure the pocket pool scum on the far right appreciated that, JR.