Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Boating today...

On Jul 6, 11:29*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

.. .
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 04:12:50 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:29:56 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Sorry, banana breath, but there's no good reason for *a new hydraulic
steering system to leak or suck in air. check valves or not.
Cost is not an issue.

Then 'splain this Oh Mighty Warrior of The Waves. *:)

1 - Why does SeaStar dealers supply an extra quart of fluid with every
steering system?

2 - If it's a closed system, why does it lose 1/2 ounce or so a year?

3 - In a closed system, once the engine is in position, it should stay
there but it don't.

It has air in the system.

No air - purged and can't cram another millinanomicro drip into the
reservoir.

Hmmmm?

It has air in the system. *"Purged" only means that the air that *can*
bleed out due to the limited exercising of the helm (several lock to lock
manipulations) after filling has been released. *There's still air in the
system.

Eisboch

Ok. Rather than to continue shooting my mouth off, I researched the SeaStar
hydraulic steering system. *I was wrong.
The system *can* slip. * My apologies to ShortWave, Harry and any others I
disagreed with.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

At least you can disagree without being disagreeable unlike WAFA