Default Boating today...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 04:12:50 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:29:56 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Sorry, banana breath, but there's no good reason for a new hydraulic
steering system to leak or suck in air. check valves or not.
Cost is not an issue.

Then 'splain this Oh Mighty Warrior of The Waves. :)

1 - Why does SeaStar dealers supply an extra quart of fluid with every
steering system?

2 - If it's a closed system, why does it lose 1/2 ounce or so a year?

3 - In a closed system, once the engine is in position, it should stay
there but it don't.

It has air in the system.

No air - purged and can't cram another millinanomicro drip into the
reservoir.

Hmmmm?

It has air in the system. "Purged" only means that the air that *can*
bleed out due to the limited exercising of the helm (several lock to lock
manipulations) after filling has been released. There's still air in the
system.

Eisboch

Ok. Rather than to continue shooting my mouth off, I researched the SeaStar
hydraulic steering system. I was wrong.
The system *can* slip. My apologies to ShortWave, Harry and any others I
disagreed with.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

There's no need to apologize for having a differing opinion. When one
gets really snarky about it, though...that's not necessary.

On Jul 6, 11:29*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

.. .
[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

At least you can disagree without being disagreeable unlike WAFA

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:29:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

[...]

No apology necessary - your view is perfectly valid.

When I first bought the Ranger, I had this exact same discussion
holding the exact same viewpoint as you did with my nephew who is the
Service Manager for my dealer. I embarrassed myself throughly. :)

No worries.

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:29:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Ok. Rather than to continue shooting my mouth off, I researched the SeaStar
hydraulic steering system. I was wrong.
The system *can* slip. My apologies to ShortWave, Harry and any others I
disagreed with.

Eisboch

Well that's all fine and dandy. But this kind of conduct disrupts the
newsgroup. Aw Hell, you're Navy. I forgive you.

--Vic

Jim Jim is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

I'll take one of those. Thank you very much.
Ol Banana breath

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:29:20 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I'm not sorry. The wind and the current will do it!