Default Obama advisors meet Box of Rocks

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Seriously, I think old "professional" soldiers ought to stay out of
politics. We did well with Eisenhower, but that was the end of the line,
and even Eisenhower was wary of "the generals" and their buddies in the
military contractor establishment. I don't think there is anything about
military service that particularly qualifies anyone to be president.

I generally agree. Military service alone does not qualify a presidential
candidate, however the experience of serving in the military certainly adds
to his/her bucket of experience in many ways. In my working career I was
often amazed at how little knowledge of the military, it's purpose, it's
regulations and traditions some people had who were otherwise very
intelligent, well educated and successful. A bit of military experience
would only have made them more well-rounded in terms of their careers for
reasons that those without the experience often find it hard to understand.

Eisboch

Valgard Toebreakerson wrote:
As in dumb as a.

CBS "Face The Nation" - Former General Wesley Clark - Obama Advisor.

"Because in the matters of national security policy making, it’s a
matter of understanding risk, it’s a matter of gauging your opponents
and it’s a matter of being held accountable. John McCain’s never done
any of that in his official positions. I certainly honor his service
as a prisoner of war. He was a hero to me and to hundreds of thousands
of millions of others in the armed forces as a prisoner of war. He has
been a voice on the Senate Armed Services Committee and he has
traveled all over the world. But he hasn’t held executive
responsibility. That large squadron in the Navy that he commanded
wasn’t a wartime squadron. He hasn’t been there and ordered the bombs
to fall. He hasn’t seen what it’s like when diplomats come in and say,
`I don’t know whether we’re going to be able to get this point through
or not. Do you want to take the risk? What about your reputation? How
do we handle it publicly?"

So, let's recap:

In “the matter of national security policy making.” Barack Obama
hasn’t ever done anything.

In the matter of gauging your “opponents”, Obama wants to meet with
them without preconditions despite having no national-security,
military, or diplomatic experience.

Barack Obama hasn’t been on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Barack Obama hasn’t had any executive experience. For that matter, of
the three years he's been in the Senate, two of them have been running
for President.

Barack Obama hasn’t commanded anything, in wartime or not.

Barack Obama hasn’t dealt with diplomats in any capacity at all.

Barack Obama hasn’t ordered the bombs to fall, although to be fair, he
has associated himself with "advisors" who have bombed things
including innocent civilians — William Ayers and Bernadette Dohrn.

Hope - Change - Nuance.

Box of Rocks

"Politics, always a good subject to discuss in a boating forum. It has
a tendency to bring people together to discuss mutal interests."

On Jun 30, 8:08*pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
[...]

Coming out of the closet Reggie? ROTF.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
[...]

Reggie is only here and there to see what sort of sh*t he can stir up.

wrote:
[...]

I would add another site to that list. ;-)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:08:42 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

[...]

Like cooking, cleaning, whining about fantasy gas priceing and obvious
provocations intended to incite rioting and uncivil behavior?

Gee - I never thought of it that way - I went to a boating newsgroup
and a hockey game broke out.

I must meditate on that.

Ok - done meditating.

ANARCHY RULES!!!

"Reggie is Here wrote:

[...]

Mediating on that would be better that meditating on that.

[...]

Your multiple personalities/multiple handles here are getting old Tom.

"Reggie is Here wrote:

[...]

Your multiple personalities/multiple handles here are getting old Tom.- Hide quoted text -

Then leave.

"Reggie is Here wrote:

[...]

As another person once said ' I was going to be an anarchist, but there were
to many rules'.

Cannibals In The U.S. Congress, On Capital Hill! Meet George Bush, Jr., Bill And Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama, Al Gore, And Capital Hill! David Gee General 3 October 13th 07 11:48 PM
Boat on the rocks JR Gilbreath Cruising 0 April 27th 05 02:56 AM
Are his advisors trying to make Bush look like a clown? Vito ASA 0 November 5th 04 11:55 AM
No Rocks Michael Olsen ASA 0 August 6th 03 11:38 PM
Sailing Rocks!!!! Bobsprit ASA 3 July 14th 03 05:48 AM